Slow Cooker Al Pastor Loaded Tacos
For the pork
- 2 cups fresh diced pineapple
- ½ white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 pound pork loin, cubed
For the tacos
- Place all pork ingredients (except for the pork) in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Place cubed pork loin in a crockpot and cover pork with pureed mixture. Cover crockpot and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Once pork has cooked through, use two forks to shred the meat and mix to coat with the cooked down sauce.
- To heat tortillas: place tortilla over a gas stovetop until slightly browned on both sides (about 10-15 seconds per side).
- To build tacos: use a slotted spoon to scoop out the meat and place in taco shell. Top with pineapple, onion, cilantro, a small amount of creamy ranch, and squeeze fresh lime juice on top!
- Serve up, buttercup!