Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Author: juli
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
For the soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasonings
- 1–2 teaspoons salt
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth
- 1 cup diced green chiles
- 1 cup jalapeño cilantro salsa
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
For the garnishes
- sour cream or coconut sour cream
- sliced avocado
- diced green onions
- sliced jalapeño
- Place the basin in the 8 quart instant pot then press the sauté button on high. Add hot ground beef, break into pieces and cook until browned. Press the cancel button to turn off the sauté function.
- Top the ground beef with taco seasonings, salt, peppers, onion, broth, green chiles, salsa, and hot sauce. Mix to combined.
- Secure the lid of the instant pot, close off the pressure valve then press soup button and press the down button to 10 minutes.
- Once the time goes off, release the pressure then remove the lid and use a ladle to mix it all together.
- Top each bowl of soup off with all the garnishes before serving!