Well hello out there!! I’m finally writing you from my favorite spot – my couch. I’m not in an airplane or in an Airbnb or at a coffee shop on the other side of the world. I’m simply sipping on my Nespresso coffee with my little panda puppy dog in my lap. It’s my favorite way to start the morning. Except when he’s farting. Like he just did. That’s not part of my favorite morning routine. After being gone for 10 days, it feels so nice to be back home to home cooked meals, my favorite CrossFit workouts, and Jackson. I absolutely adore traveling, but I really am a homebody.
It felt REAL WEIRD coming back to normal life yesterday. For one, I forgot how to drive. Not only do they drive on the other side of the road in New Zealand, but we had the tiniest car ever imaginable. And it felt even tinier when we had 4 people in it and 8 suitcases. It was a bit of an issue. So most of the time, I just let the dudes drive. Then immediately almost hit a car coming out of the driveway yesterday. I also forgot how to email. I was already really terrible at emailing, but I didn’t even glance at my email while I was on vacation. And now it’s overrun with spam then really important emails, both of which I’m still ignoring. It’s a problem. Now something Jackson forgot how to do is sleep in his own bed. My SIL watched him at our house while we were gone and he became quite accustomed to sleeping in bed with her. So I am in the midst of breaking that habit (sadly, my husband isn’t down with sleeping with a dog butthole in his face…weird eh?) while trying to remember how to live at home again. It’s all quite challenging. Not really, but I like whining anyways.
I’m going to do a full New Zealand recap on the blog next week, but until then, let’s eat soup. When we left for New Zealand, it was snowing in Colorado and our flight was delayed. When we landed in New Zealand, it was snowing and our flight was rerouted. So it’s safe to say it’s been cold everywhere we’ve been to lately. Which means I’m craving soup like a MOFO. And now that I’m back home, I have big plans to make this soup, my Instant Pot Creamy Gnocchi Soup, my Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pesto Soup and my Mexican Pumpkin Soup. Have you tried these soups yet? If you’re a soup freak like me and you’re sick of being cold, highly recommend these. Just trust me, ok?!
For the soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasonings
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth
- 1 cup diced green chiles
- 1 cup jalapeño cilantro salsa
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
For the garnishes
- sour cream or coconut sour cream
- sliced avocado
- diced green onions
- sliced jalapeño
- Place the basin in the 8 quart instant pot then press the sauté button on high. Add hot ground beef, break into pieces and cook until browned. Press the cancel button to turn off the sauté function.
- Top the ground beef with taco seasonings, salt, peppers, onion, broth, green chiles, salsa, and hot sauce. Mix to combined.
- Secure the lid of the instant pot, close off the pressure valve then press soup button and press the down button to 10 minutes.
- Once the time goes off, release the pressure then remove the lid and use a ladle to mix it all together.
- Top each bowl of soup off with all the garnishes before serving!
Think Outside the Taco!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Instant Pot / Soups