Orange Chili Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
For the sauce
- 2 cups orange juice
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon fish sauce
- zest of ½ an orange (about ½ tablespoon of zest)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
For the tenderloin
- 1–1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2–3/4 pound bacon (about 7–8 strips of bacon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients for sauce in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Whisk to combine then let reduce for 20-25 minutes. It will reduce by a third and coat the back of a spoon when ready.
- Once sauce is on the stove, mix together spices. Pat tenderloin dry then spread spices evenly on tenderloin. Wrap bacon around tenderloin, securing ends with toothpicks.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, sear bacon wrapped tenderloin on all sides, for about 3-4 minutes per side until bacon is golden brown.
- Once seared, put cast iron skillet directly into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.
- Let tenderloin rest for 5 minutes then slice and pour orange chili sauce on top.