Pumpkin Apple Spice Waffles
For the pumpkin waffles
For apple spice toppings
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced (I used Sweet Tango- holy moly bomb)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoonscoconut oil
- Heat up your waffle iron!! If you don’t have a waffle iron, you need to go buy one, or just make pancakes instead.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Then add the rest of the dry ingredients and pumpkin and mix together. Add a bit more coconut milk, if needed. The batter should be runny but still have a bit of girth to it. Ew, I just said girth.
- Ladle into your waffle maker. Be careful, they expand a bit so they will be pour over if you get ladle happy.
- Cook until done. Mine took about 3-4 minutes, I’d say.
- While your waffles are cooking, add a couple tablespoons of coconut oil to alarge skillet and add your sliced apples to the pan.
- Mix around to help the apples coat in oil, add in some maple syrup, and sprinkle with your cinnamon, allspice, ground cloves and salt.
- Add a splash of water to the pan and cover to help the apples become soft. Cook for around 10 minutes, making sure to mix occassionally so they don’t burn.
- Once your pumpkin waffles are done cooking, add your apples on top along with a crap ton of maple syrup on top and/or coconut butter or regular butter.
- Eat with bacon. Duh.