Sesame Chicken Crunch Salad
For the chicken
For the salad
- 1 napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne sliced
- 2 carrots, julienne sliced
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 8–10 mint leaves, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons coconut vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then place a wire rack on top and spray it with avocado oil spray.
- Cube chicken into small pieces. In a medium bowl, whisk an egg. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour, sesame seeds, salt and garlic powder. Add chicken to the bowl with the egg and toss to coat. Then add the chicken to the flour bowl and toss until completely coated. Place the chicken evenly throughout the wire rack then spray the avocado oil spray on top of the chicken. Put in the oven to bake for 15-18 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- While the chicken cooks, add all the ingredients for the salad to a large bowl and set aside.
- Lastly, add all the ingredients for the dressing to a small blender, blend until smooth.
- When the chicken is done cooking, pour the dressing on top of the salad then toss to coat the salad completely. Then top with chicken before serving!