Sesame Chicken Crunch Salad
Salads just aren’t my thing. I need something that holds up in the fridge so I can eat it for leftovers. So when you give me a spinach salad, I hate it within 4 minutes (because spinach is gross) and hate it even more the next morning when I pull it out of the fridge and it’s a limp mess. But when you give me a salad like this one, that just gets better the longer it sits, then I’m all about it. This salad ain’t no limp b*tch. It gets the job done, it does it well, and it tricks you into believing that you like salads and eating raw vegetables. No where else will you find me eating raw vegetables. But if you don’t trust me and you just want the chicken, you can just make that, too. Do you, baby boo.
On a super unrelated note, I’m so pumped because I have my second therapy appointment today! I started going to therapy last week after I finally made the decision that I needed to work through some stuff from my past so I could move forward from it. I feel like I have a great network of supportive people who almost all go to therapy so it’s just a really normal thing for all of us. We all have things we can work on and improve upon. I know I can improve as a person and I think a therapist can help me get there. But I forget not all people are comfortable with the idea of therapy, especially some of the older generation folk out there. I never thought it was a taboo topic until I talked to someone a little older recently and I almost felt ashamed afterwards. Well I hope that me talking about it here and what a great experience it has already been, helps you in your own therapy curiosity and finding a support system. Just remember that therapy is awesome and we can all use it in some way!
Ok let’s lighten things up a bit. And talk about INTERIOR DESIGN!! I’ve been talking about Havenly nonstop, both here on the blog and on instagram. But I’m so in love with the company and the process. Our designer just finished our bedroom and dining room, and now she’s finishing up our living room, then she will be moving to my office. I love the process so much, I kind of want to hire her to design our guest bedrooms, too. She’s just so talented and creative! And she’s really helped me bring the rooms to life and make our house feel different than everyone else out there. I didn’t want our house to feel cookie cutter and she’s making sure that doesn’t happen. You can see our room rendering here! I’m going to share the entire process on the blog once we actually get our room done, but if you’re interested in trying it out, you can use code PALEOMG to get $50 off your Full Package with Havenly! They sent over that special code yesterday and I’m so pumped to share it with you guys! Now I gotta go place our order for our dining room so we can get that done, too! This process and experience has been SO FUN! I can’t recommend it enough!
Sesame Chicken Crunch Salad
For the chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- avocado oil spray
For the salad
- 1 napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne sliced
- 2 carrots, julienne sliced
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 8–10 mint leaves, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then place a wire rack on top and spray it with avocado oil spray.
- Cube chicken into small pieces. In a medium bowl, whisk an egg. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour, sesame seeds, salt and garlic powder. Add chicken to the bowl with the egg and toss to coat. Then add the chicken to the flour bowl and toss until completely coated. Place the chicken evenly throughout the wire rack then spray the avocado oil spray on top of the chicken. Put in the oven to bake for 15-18 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- While the chicken cooks, add all the ingredients for the salad to a large bowl and set aside.
- Lastly, add all the ingredients for the dressing to a small blender, blend until smooth.
- When the chicken is done cooking, pour the dressing on top of the salad then toss to coat the salad completely. Then top with chicken before serving!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!