I don’t really like salads with actual lettuce. The lettuce gets in your teeth, it doesn’t fit in your mouth so it hits you in the face, and it’s just not filling. It also reminds me of my diet days as a teenager when I constantly forced myself to eat stupid, sh*tty salads. Not looking for that life again. But a salad like this one…I LOVE. No lettuce is involved – just a crap ton of vegetables that hold up really well under a crap ton of dressing. And I’m a high fat lover over here so the more dressing, THE BETTER. When I made this recipe the other day for you guys, I was a bit distracted prepping for an IG Live so I completely forgot to add mandarin oranges, toasted sliced almond, and toasted coconut. It was a big mistake, I get it. If you can’t trust me ever again, I completely understand. But I did add the toasted nuts and coconut later on for dinner and it was BOMB! Don’t be a failure like me – add the toppings and live your best life.
Did you tune in for my latest IG Live last night? Recently I decided to talk a slight step back from my podcast (recording once a month instead of once a week) and begin to record more video. So every Wednesday, I’m doing an IG Live to talk with you guys and answer your questions. Which means I’m going to get in trouble every week. Last week I got in trouble for talking about our farms and crops in the US…and this week I talked about marriage and not having children, so angry messages are bound to come in. Next weeks topic is going to be about exercise, the ups and downs, and getting to a place where exercise is a healthy act, not a punishment! It’s been so fun seeing you guys tune in!! But if you can’t tune in, I’m currently in the process of figuring out how to upload the video to my site so you can watch it past the 24 hours! Stay tuned.
It’s been so rad to be home and be back to a new normal routine. After traveling most of May, I never want to leave my house again…except for the fact I booked a flight to Bali!! I was suppose to go to Bali a couple years ago but things didn’t work out, but since my friend just quit her corporate job and is hitting the road for a while starting in Bali, we thought it was the perfect opportunity to book a trip there! We are going in August and I could not be more excited!! Have you been to Bali?! What do you recommend? Any favorite places to stay, favorite spots to eat at, must-sees?! Tell me everything! We really have no plans as of yet so I’m open for any recommendations.
In the meantime, I currently have a bathroom renovation that STILL ISN’T FINISHED and a fabricator I may be taking to small claims court. So I really need some Bali daydreaming right about now.
Loaded Veggie Asian Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
For the salad
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 head of napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- extra add-ins: mandarin oranges, toasted almonds, toasted cashews, toasted coconut
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- pinch of salt
For the pork
- 1 pound ground pork
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- Chop all veggies and herbs then place in a large mixing bowl (along with any other add-ins you prefer).
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth and combined.
- Lastly, add ground pork and a bit of salt to a large nonstick pan, breaking into small pieces and cooking until no pink remains. While the pork cooks, place a small saucepan over medium-high heat then add coconut aminos and sriracha, whisk together and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until bubbly and reduced. When the pork is cooked through, add the sauce to the pan and mix until the pork is coated.
- Toss veggies in the dressing and top the salad with the pork mixture! Easy peasy!
More Salads For The Summer:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!