Simple Blueberry Lemon Birthday Cake
For the cake(s)
- 2/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup carton almond milk (you could also use coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1–2 tablespoon coconut oil(for greasing pans)
For the frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift your coconut flour into a bowl. If you do not have a sifter, that’s fine, just try to get rid of the coconut flour clumps by pressing down a fork through the flour.
- Add eggs and almond milk and either use a spoon to mix well or a hand mixer. Mix until smooth.
- Then add the honey, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine.
- Then fold in your blueberries carefully.
- Grease your springform pans with coconut oil. I used two 4 inch springform pans. Cute little guys (got them on Joann’s Fabrics). You could also make these into muffins/cupcakes or maybe into one small/thin round cake!
- Pour the mixture into the two greased pans.
- Place on a baking sheet for even baking. And into the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes or until slightly brown on the top and cooked through in the middle. Do the toothpick test to check.
- Let cake cool before removing them from the stringform pan.
- While cakes are cooling, mix together the melted coconut butter, lemon juice, and honey until well mixed.
- Pour frosting on top of cakes. Then eat. Because that’s what you do with cakes.