Spicy Cod with Peach Nectarine Salsa
For the peach nectarine salsa
- 1 peach, pitted and diced
- 1 nectarine, pitted and diced
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- pinch of salt, to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons of Tin Star Ghee
- 4 pieces of cod
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- First, make salsa. Place all ingredients in a medium bowl, mix, taste to see if extra salt is needed. Place in fridge to keep cool while you make the cod.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle each piece of cod with paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and cumin on both side. Once pan is very hot, add cod to pan and cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes, until flaky but not overcooked.
- Top each piece of cod with a big spoonful of peach nectarine salsa.