Thanksgiving Vanilla Bean Caramel Apple Cider Sparkling Cocktail
- Yield: 4-5 mini martinis or 2-3 normal size 1x
Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup
For the cocktail
- 2 cups apple cider (be sure to check the label that it’s only apples and spices)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 ounces gluten free vodka (potato or grape such as Ciroc)
- 1/3 cup ice
- 1/2 cup champagne or prosseco, chilled
For the garnishes
- batch of apple cider caramel (optional)
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup diced apple, for skewers
- *If you are going to make the caramel for this recipe, do this now then set aside. But know that it is great without it!
- First, make the simple syrup. Place water and maple sugar in a saucepan then cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the back of a knife. Place the seeds and the vanilla bean in the simple syrup, whisk together then let cook on low for about 5 minutes until maple sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Dip the rim of each martini glass into caramel then into maple sugar mixed with cinnamon until rims are completely covered.
- Place apple cider, lemon juice, vodka, ice and 1/4 cup of simple syrup (or more if you prefer sweeter) in a shaker bottle and shake to combine. Then add in champagne and stir with a spoon to keep from bubbling over.
- Strain mixture (to keep ice out) directly into sugar rimmed martini glasses.
- Garnish with maple sugar coated diced apple skewers on top!
- Store simple syrup in an airtight jar or container for drinks in the future. Or your coffee!