Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Chocolate Heart Cookies
- In a double boiler or in the microwave, melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil until completely smooth and combine. Use a spoon to scoop the mixture into a heart silicone mold then place in the freezer to freeze for at least 2+ hours. I froze mine overnight to be safe.
- Once chocolate is hardened completely, pop the hearts out of the mold and place on a plate and keep in the freezer while the cookies bake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut cookie dough into 8-10 cookies, shape them into round shapes then place on a parchment lined baking sheet to cook for about 10 minutes, until they are slightly browned on the edges.
- Pull cookies out of oven and hearts out of the freezer. You’ll want to have a plate ready to go for these cookies to go on so they can go into the freezer right away. While the cookies are still warm, press a heart into the middle of each cookie then quickly put them in the freezer to set for at least 2 minutes or so. This will keep the chocolate from melting into the cookie and becoming a giant chocolate blob instead of a heart.
- Store in fridge but I highly recommend microwaving for less than 30 seconds before eating because it warms the cookie and softens the heart just a tad!