Salted Raspberry Caramel Ice Cream
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, maple sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until completely combined.
- Bring to a boil, then set a timer for 12 minutes, being sure not to let the mixture boil over. After 12 minutes, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 more minutes or until the caramel coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat, let cool.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add raspberries and honey. Mix for about 10 minutes until raspberries have completely broken down into a sauce. Place in a blender to puree then press puree through a fine mesh strainer using a spoon to get out all of the puree, leaving behind the seeds.
- Pour the raspberry puree into the caramel sauce, place over medium heat and mix to combine and soften.
- Pour raspberry caramel sauce over ice cream and top with coarse sea salt.