Salted Raspberry Caramel Ice Cream
My love for sweet and salty together just recently became a true obsession. After having ice cream at Salt and Straw in Portland and liquid nitrogen ice cream at a la Minute in California, I figured out that ice cream should ALWAYS be eaten with salt. At first, I thought that was dumb as fuuu. But once I tried it, I was hooked. It’s a nice relief from all the sweet and makes the sweetness taste different in a good way. Man, it’s so good. And since salted caramel ice cream is my all time favorite, I decided that I needed to make a spin on the normal flavor. BOOM, welcome to the world raspberry caramel. Life is better with you in it, you sweet glob of joy.
Now let’s get down to business. Let’s talk about what’s important here. The Bachelorette. How do you guys feel about the ending? ABC sure played me for a fool. I would have bet my life savings on Nick being chosen and BOOM, ABC straight up b*tch slapped me. Probably to tell me I’m an idiot for betting my life savings on a show that has a 0.5% success rate. Anywho, I seriously had no idea that it would be Shawn. NONE. They made it seem like her and Nick were so happy together. They actually started to make me like Nick more, damn you ABC, you’re such a sly little bastard. I can’t decide how I feel. Do you think they’ll last or will the curse of Chris Harrison get them? Tell me your thoughts.
Man, having the Bachelor Pad season ready to go right after this season of the Bachelorette is total genius. I cannot wait.
My brain is going to turn to mush, isn’t it?
Speaking of mush, has anyone else seen those new KFC commercials? Do you think they were hoping to scare off customers? And children? Creepiest man ever. Stop KFC, knock it the sh*t off.
You guys. My new cookbook releases in 21 days!!! Did you know it takes 21 days to create a new habit? Is that how the saying goes? I don’t know, but I do know that 21 days is a super short amount of time that is about to fly by! That means I only have 21 days to plan my book tour outfits, eeeeeek! That means I need outfits for Denver, Atlanta, Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, and Chicago, and that’s just the first leg! There are still 8 more planned stops after that. Don’t forget to grab my cookbook now for 44% off AND check out my book tour stops to come visit me! I’ve been writing to all these imaginary people over the internet for 4 years now, I want to actually meet some of you!! And now go make this dessert for your Friday night treat, it’s seriously so delicious!
Salted Raspberry Caramel Ice Cream
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups 1x
- 1 cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup fine maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt (extra for garnishing)
- 1 10 ounce bag of frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Your choice of ice cream (I used Vanilla Coconut Bliss Ice Cream or you could make your own vanilla ice cream)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, maple sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until completely combined.
- Bring to a boil, then set a timer for 12 minutes, being sure not to let the mixture boil over. After 12 minutes, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 more minutes or until the caramel coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat, let cool.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add raspberries and honey. Mix for about 10 minutes until raspberries have completely broken down into a sauce. Place in a blender to puree then press puree through a fine mesh strainer using a spoon to get out all of the puree, leaving behind the seeds.
- Pour the raspberry puree into the caramel sauce, place over medium heat and mix to combine and soften.
- Pour raspberry caramel sauce over ice cream and top with coarse sea salt.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!