Salt and pepper does not count as an ingredient. Just facts of life people. Facts of life.
Biggest annoyance of the day: when I actually take the time to shave my legs and they are no where near as smooth as I’d like them to be.
Second biggest annoyance of the day: zits. Who do you guys think you are!?
OMG. I have contacted the three people who won the Cappello’s Giveaway and still haven’t heard anything back!! What the. So check your email, even check your spam since I tend to use dirty language, and get to writing me back so you can get free stuff!! Aka Kristen, Beth, and Rebecca. Come on now.
So guess what I did?? After I told you all about my teenage meltdown on Monday stemming from my computer dying, I had a ton of responses telling me to set up a donate pay pal account. So if you ever felt like contributing to my site, you could. So that’s what I did. Well, George from Civilized Caveman actually helped me do it because I’m a 3 year old child when it comes to anything related to technology. But I now have a contribution button over off to the right. I feel kind of weird having one and I literally don’t expect anyone ever to donate money, but I thought I at least should tell you about it.
Ever wonder if flies really do throw up every time they land? If that’s true, my should is covered in fly vomit. This bastard just won’t leave me alone.
Here is something I don’t totally get. Why is breakfast so hard for people. Because there really is a simple solution to it all. Eat what you ate for dinner. Don’t have any leftovers? That’s cool, make something like eggs and bacon. Can’t eat eggs? That’s fine, make this breakfast stuffed acorn squash but don’t top it with an egg. Free therapy session brought to you by JB. You’re welcome.
I hate when I plug my crockpot in, but forget to turn it on…until I wake up the next morning. Always a bummer throwing away meat. If I don’t have a date and I don’t have a huge slab of short ribs brewing in the crockpot, WHAT DO I HAVE WORTH LIVING FOR?!!? Oh that’s right, pumpkin bars. And the 86% dark chocolate bar I bought yesterday. I’m cool. We’re good. Emergency averted.
- ¾lb US Wellness Meats Natural Breakfast Sausage
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 2 eggs
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place acorn squash cut-side down onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until your acorn squash is soft when you press on the skin.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- While your acorn squash is cooking, add a tablespoon of some kind of fat to a large pan over medium heat (I used bacon fat) then add your minced garlic and diced onion.
- Stir around to keep from burning.
- Once your onions become translucent, add your breakfast sausage to the pan.
- Cook down, breaking up the breakfast sausage as it cooks.
- Once the breakfast sausage is almost all the way cooked through, turn your heat to low and add your inside of your acorn squash. Do this by using a spoon to scoop out the insides, leaving just the skin of the acorn squash. Be careful not the tear the skin!
- Mix the acorn squash and the breakfast sausage together then add it back to your acorn squash skin
- Once both of your acorn squash halves are full, press into the middle with a spoon to breakfast a little resting spot for your egg.
- Crack an egg on top.
- Place back in the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes or until egg-cooked preference.