I hate how terrible I am at naming recipes. But I hate catchy titles. That stuff just annoys me. So instead, I just tell you exactly what’s in the recipe. You’re welcome.
Are you excited recipes are back on the website? I sure am! I’ve been eating on the road for days and not loving how my body feels. I just feel lethargic. AND depressed. It’s amazing how much food can affect the brain. My brain doesn’t like the excess carbs and sugar I had while I was in D.C. Or Maryland. I don’t really know where I was half of the time. But I know I was forced to eat lots of larabars, paleo granola, and desserts at restaurants. Yep, forced. Not really, but who turns down dessert? Not I. But I do know that I get extremely moody when I eat sweets on a regular basis. And moody Juli = not fun Juli. I need to work on that. For my relationship’s sake.
This past weekend was awesome. I went to the MidAtlantic CrossFit Regional to sell my cookbook with Again Faster at their booth. As I waited to go to the event on Friday, I started freaking out about selling the book. I was super worried no one would come by or had ever heard of my book or cared, but thankfully, that was not the case. The turn out was amazing. I got to meet probably over 150 readers, chat with a ton of them, sign a bunch of books, and just find out more about some of the people who read my blog. Definitely lots of ladies. WAY more ladies than non ladies. Meaning dudes. I did meet some guys though. Mostly husbands buying their wives books, but I’ll take that.
Let’s look at cool people.
Aren’t they great? They so are. And only speckled with a few men. But those are obviously the best men around. And do you see that little girl in the picture above who is holding the book? I.Love.Her. Seriously, love. She was like talking to someone my age, but better. And cuter. She would ask her mom, “where is Miss Juli Bauer?” And she’s 2 years old. She honestly makes me feel like I could rethink not having children. But I really want a child that acts like an adult. And there’s no promises when you get knocked up. Nope. I was a living hell for my mother, so it only makes sense that I should feel the same absolute misery that she did. I once punched my mom when she wouldn’t buy me a donut. Yep, punched. Proof that feeding your child paleo is a reaaaaaaal good idea.
Guess what I’ll be doing soon? Going to the CrossFit Games to sell my book. I don’t have any legitimate information to tell you yet, but I know that I’ll be there. 99.67% sure. I’ll keep you updated as I find out more. Are you going? You should. It’s hot. Everyone is shirtless and obviously extremely overly confident. It’s quite a spectacle.
Oh PS- did you see my post yesterday about the Fat-Burning Chef ebook? It’s on sale for $27 ($20 off) and includes over 100 recipes from 20 bloggers/chefs!! Click here to buy it today before the sale ends!!
- 5 strips of bacon, cut in half lengthwise and widthwise
- 10 sweet peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 3-5 ounces of smoked salmon
- pinch of salt
- sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bacon in half lengthwise and widthwise so you have 4 strips of bacon per 1 piece.
- Cut sweet peppers in half, pull out the excess seeds.
- How much salmon you use will be based on how big or small the peppers are. Take a small pieces of smoked salmon, roll in up, push it into the sweet pepper, then wrap a small piece of bacon around the sweet pepper. Try to tuck the sides of the bacon under the sweet pepper to keep it in place as you bake it.
- Place all bacon wrapped peppers on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Put in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until bacon is crispy, but not burnt.
- Let cool slighty because they will be HOT.
- Eat up!