Sorry this post is coming to your so late. This weekend included not really looking at my computer. Sometimes you just gotta take a step back technology. And this was that weekend. Instead, I ate chocolate.
Why in the hell wouldn’t you have chocolate on your birthday? Or a Wednesday? Or a Friday? Or any day for that matter.
Sunday was my birthday. Laura took me on a brunch date to Duowhere we were lucky enough to get to eat since they take reservation 2 weeks ahead of time…and we didn’t make reservations. So we chowed down on some egg scrambles. Then followed it up with make up shopping. Then made these delicious cupcakes to take to everyone at the park, where we spent the rest of our day. I love Wash Park. It’s like paradise, in grassy-volleyball-net-filled-fields form. Lots of half naked dudes. Lots of beer. And lots of dogs. Everyone has a dog. Except for me. I want my weener dog, right now. I need one in my life, to love me unconditionally. I can’t wait to have one, and name him gapedo. That’s a “J” sound. Like Juli, but GApedo.
I think CrossFit has made me boobs bigger. No joke. I think the muscle has grown because I no longer fit into any of my swim suit tops. Or dresses. So I felt super comfortable at the park while I looked like a bimbo. I wish I could have had CrossFit in my life when I was a bippity-boppity teenager. Life would have been way more exciting. And I think I would have been actually considered cool.
I burned my forehead in the park. Pretty sure I didn’t even get a tan anywhere else on my body. But my forhead is burned so thank gosh it will soon be tan, especially since I only wear headbands whenever I am in public places. Perfect. Just perfect.
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add dates to your food processor and mix until the dates become a large sticky ball.
- Place all wet ingredients in the food processor with dates: coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs and egg whites and pulse until everything in the food processor is completely liquid.
- Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well then add your wet ingredients from the food processor to the dry ingredients bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Scoop cupcake ingredients into your silicone or paper lined muffin tin and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke a cupcake. (Cupcake batter should not be super runny)
- While the cupcakes bake, make your frosting.
- Add your frosting ingredients to a bowl and place in microwave and cook for 30 seconds. Then use a spoon to mix and help not let the chocolate burn. Add back to the microwave and cook for another 30 seconds then use a spoon to mix again. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes then use a fork to mash up the frosting and soften it up. I placed my frosting back in the microwave for 10-15 seconds just to soften in up to the right texture, but not melt the chocolate completely.
- Once your cupcakes are done cooking, let cool COMPLETELY.
- Frost your cupcakes to your liking then top with some mini Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips!
- Makes about 6-7 cupcakes