I looooove these things. These little jars of joy. These parfaits that make you feel like you are the naughtiest b*tch to hit the paleo scene. Oh how I love them. And you will too.
So have you ever had one of those workouts that make you feel like your muscles are going to rip out of your legs? Or that your lungs have begun to make mucusy balls of fire that you incessantly cough up for hours post workout? Well I had one of those workouts yesterday at CrossFit Broadway. After doing 2 min rounds of 200m sprints with as many hang squat cleans right after, I thought I was going to pass out. I don’t know why I loved it, but I totally did. Maybe because I got a pedicure right after with 3 awesome ladies. But the workout did put a cramp in my style…I couldn’t fall asleep for a good hour because my body was so achy. I don’t really know why I told you this story but it was a big part of my day, ok?!?
Moving on. I have big plans this weekend. Big. I plan on going to Red Rocks to workout Saturday morning then going straight to the pool to get my tan on. If you’ve never heard of Red Rocks, google that sh*t. It’s one of the greatest places on earth. Then Sunday I plan on going to the farmers market and trying out a ton of food trucks. That’s actually all I got. Sorry for the terrible stories today. My b.
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 35 grams (or 1 heaping scoop) Formulx Whey Vanilla Protein Powder (or 2 tablespoons coconut flour if you do not eat or use protein powder)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 1 (14 ounces) can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (I used Thai Kitchen coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred carrots as thin as possible. Place in large bowl.
- Add almond butter and eggs and mix well.
- Then add honey, protein powder (or coconut flour), cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with coconut oil, pour batter into the dish and place in oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top of the cake has a nice crust to it.
- Let cool before cutting in bite sized cubes.
- Once carrot cake is cooled and diced, scoop out the coconut cream that has hardened and risen to the top of the can. (Leave behind the coconut water to use for protein drinks/shakes).
- Place coconut cream in a bowl and mix with fork or whisk to soften. Then add vanilla extract and honey and mix well to combine.
- Add fresh blueberries to a bowl with maple syrup and place in microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds then use a fork to mash up the blueberries. If you do not want to use a microwave, cook over a stovetop until blueberries explode.
- Now layer the parfaits. Carrot cake, coconut milk whipped cream, blueberry sauce, then repeat.