I ate the world this weekend. THE WORLD. I even ate some gluten. Thankfully, I don’t think it was enough to make me miserable. Chunky, yes. Miserable, no. But I just wanted naughty food. I wanted some frozen yogurt. Multiple times. I wanted chips and guac. Multiple times. And I wanted Cracked nut butter…multiple times. I definitely have a food baby. So I might have to go get frozen yogurt one more time. In honor of the CrossFit games. They worked hard, so I should celebrate for them. You’re welcome CrossFit athletes. Proud of ya.
So even though I spent most of my time eating, I still had time to do other things. Not much, but a little. So I started my weekend off going to the Rockies games with the boyfriend’s family. They are all so good looking. It’s weird. Anywho, we biked down to the Rockies game, of course stopping at Yogurtland first, then got to sit close to the field. Guess what? We even made it on the jumbotron! I think it’s called the jumbotron. Whatever. Highlight of the night. Well, other than the frozen yogurt. Do you ever fear picking your nose and the jumbotron turns on you? What about a wedgie? Now THAT would suck. Thankfully, I was just staring at the jumbotron in hopes of watching other people go through that embarrassment. 4 seconds of fame. NBD.
The next day was followed by the second annual CrossFit Broadway Amazing Race. Our gym gets together, splits off into teams, and is given clues to find their way around Denver while completing tasks at multiple stations. They had to do multiple things such as partner handstand walks, eating marmite sandwiches, and singing or dancing to the public in order to beg for money to get a cab ride back to the gym. It took the athletes 2-4 hours depending how their hitchhiking went. Of course the winning team was a group of girls dressed in pink and fairy wings. No one is frightened to pick up girls like that. Guys on the other hand, that just doesn’t work as well. Girls don’t want to pick you up because that’s creepy. And guys don’t want to pick you up because you’re a dude. It’s usually a lose-lose situation. Either way, it was fun. I did not partake, I just watched some of the misery. Especially if their hitchhiking hadn’t gone well.
Who is excited for the season finale of the bachelorette?! I am! I am! I have to admit it. Which is sad because she’s crying constantly in all of the commercials. Why do we like watching other people’s misery? It’s real weird, but I won’t deny it.
Guess where I am right now? At the airport. I’m typing with my thumb as I slowly move through security. There is a cop on a bike inside the airport. That’s strange to me. Anywho, I’m headed back to California for some project work. That was part of the reason I didn’t go out to the Games to watch people workout all weekend. And because I don’t find that incredibly thrilling. Word on the street was that the crowd kind of sucked this year! Is it true? Fill me in on the gossip!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lavender buds, finely ground (I use a spice grinder to break them down)
- pinch of salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can of coconut milk or coconut cream (whichever one you can find)
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Place blueberries and honey in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Let the blueberries cook down until they have burst and become more of a thicken mixture. Like jam!
- Then add vanilla extract, lavender buds, and salt. Mix well.
- Once blueberries are almost completely broken down, remove from heat, and place in refrigerator to let cool.
- While the jam cools, whisk together coconut milk, honey, and almond extract.
- Pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker.*
- Once the coconut mixture is almost done churning and has become thick, pour in jam into the ice cream maker until it mixes into the ice cream.