SAY WHA?! Did you read the the title of this recipe?! I must be high…or pregnant. Well we all know it’s definitely not the latter. And I suck at doing drugs. Figured that out in high school thankfully. So it must be…I just really like chocolate. Yep, that’s what it is.
Annnnnnd, I really like Pinterest. Thankfully Pinterest and chocolate pretty much go hand in hand. That’s where I got this recipe idea from. And on my Pinterest account, I’ve made it so my home page is only following people that pin food. If you don’t pin food, I want nothing to do with you. What else would I need the internet for? Shoes? Na. Hair…I tried to care about that, it didn’t work. Wedding ideas? I just threw up. Crafts? Hell to the no. Crafts are for people with children. Or time. Neither of which I have.
Speaking of children, I figured out reason #47 why I do not like them. One hissed at me while I stood in line at the grocery store today. Stared. And hissed. And her mother acted like it was normal. It’s normal for your child to hiss at other human beings? Where do you live? A sewage drain?
Geez I’m intense today.
By the way, I arrived at home today, package on the doorstep, waiting so patiently for me. What was the package you may ask? Well, it was a meat package. No, not my crush sadly, but a box of meat. I ordered lots and lots of meat recently from Tropical Traditions and it ended up on my doorstep two days later. Wanna know what I bought?! Of course you do!! I bought myself some short ribs, some ground beef, some ground bison, a rump roast aaaaaaaaand, that’s it. My life officially became better with this package. Now I’m just waiting for that crush to arrive at my doorstep WITH meat AND chocolate. I would die.
And just so you know, these mini pancake skewers could be made into big boy pancakes as well. But anything mini makes things cuter, and instantly taste better. It’s just fact. I’ve researched it.
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon agave or raw honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor or blender add your banana and pulse until completely broken down into a soupy paste.
- Then add your egg whites and egg and pulse again to combine.
- Lastly, add all of the rest of your pancake ingredients and pulse to thoroughly combine.
- Heat up a large skillet under medium heat, grease with a bit of coconut oil, and add your pancake batter to the hot skillet with a spoon. Make to your preference size, small for the skewers, large for big boy ones.
- Flip pancakes when you begin to see bubbles forming on the top surface of the pancakes. The smaller they are, the shorter amount of time they will take to cook so keep on eye on them.
- While your pancakes cook, mix your coconut cream concentrate, cocoa powder, and honey/agave. Place in microwave if needed to mix thoroughly into a paste.
- Once your pancakes are done cooking, stack one pancake, then a slice of strawberry and repeat as many times as needed, stick a toothpick through it, and pour chocolate sauce over your pancakes.