I don’t know what it is about carrot cake, but I effing love it. Like really REALLY love it. People who don’t love carrot cake are strange. You know who you are. So why not make cake into donuts?! Boom. If you don’t have a donut pan, thankfully I have these in cupcake version too! Boom.
Oh lord, dating rant is coming on. You were warned Grant.
Ok so I think it’s time I start actually dating someone. It doesn’t exactly work like that, but I’m at least trying. I’ve been on some dates, but been bored. Where are these funny guys? I need someone who is funny. And most people don’t have that quality. I’ve honestly only ever had a handful of guys in this world that could make me laugh really hard. One of which is Afghanistan. And is my best friend. Fail.
The thing is, I think I take better care of my hair when I have someone to actually take care of my hair for. I know, I can hear it now, feminist anger at that fact, but it’s the truth. If I am dating someone, I try a bit harder. It should be the other way around, but when I’m single I just don’t give a crap. I go to the gym, hang out with all men who are in love with their pretty lady friends, then I bro out, then hang out with more friends. Why the hell would I even do my hair? Or shave my legs?
Moral of the story: my hair is REALLY greasy. Therefore I need an attractive male, who loves food, and is hilarious. Oh, and he needs to lift more than me. Don’t any of my women readers out there have brothers? I mean, come on.
Oh, and dear human who thought it was a good idea to park their molester style van outside of our house in an attempt to sell it…you’re an asshole. Straight up. Not only are you taking up 3 parking spaces, but you’re creepin’ us out. God knows what you’re holding in that van of yours. And we dislike it. I am THIS close to calling the for sale number and being rude. I probably won’t BUT I MIGHT! You were warned.
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ⅛ cup chopped walnuts (optional-do not use for nut free version)
- ⅛ cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shred carrots using your shredding attachment with your food processor or cheese grater.
- Add your carrots to a large bowl and add sunflower seed butter, vanilla extract, and honey, mix well.
- Then add your eggs and mix into a soupy mess.
- Lastly add your coconut flour, baking soda and powder, and the rest of your spices. If you'd like to use raisins and walnuts, add those as well.
- Place mixture in your greased donut pan. Mine mixture made 6 donuts.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Top donuts off with coconut butter, almonds, and a bit of zested carrot.
- Eat em. OMG.