So, get this. I did not come up with the ‘Clean it up Mondays’ idea. It was actually the boyfriend. He mentioned that I should do something similar to The Chive. He’s obsessed with that website. Along with every other male on this planet who likes to look at half naked selfie shots that women send in. You sluts, you. JUST KIDDING. Work with what you got. Anywho, his idea was to have certain days that I post certain things. Like how The Chive has hump day pictures that show half naked chicks. Well, since I don’t have half naked chick pictures to post, I thought doing something on Monday to make us healthier would suffice. And since so many of us real people tend to fall off the wagon a bit during the weekend, he thought Mondays would be a great day to post a recipe that would help you (and me) clean up our eating habits. GENIUS. He’s the greatest.
Now, Clean it up Monday also includes working out. If you haven’t joined a gym yet or started working out on your own, hopefully these Clean it up Mondays will help you out. What’s that you say? You can’t afford a gym? Don’t you worry. I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, that posts new workouts daily, all workouts you can do at home on your own. That’s not true, I know the owner and he’s wonderful. And he’s ready to get you fit in your own household. And the best part of all, it’s FREE. So if you go onto Bodeefit.com, you’ll be greeted with a new email daily, telling you what workout you’ll be doing AND how to do it all with videos. Pretty rad.
Ok, enough about working out. KIDDING, LET’S TALK ABOUT MORE. Do you already workout on your own so you’re bored with this entire conversation? Well, perfect. Instead, let’s talk about some new workout songs to add to your collection. Here are some of my new favorites right now:
- I miss the misery by Halestorm
- Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke
- It’s Time – Kat Krazy Remix by Imagine Dragons
- Next to Me – James Egbert Remix by Emeli Sande
- Collide – Afrojack Remix by Leona Lewis
- Come & Get It by Selena Gomez
- Can’t Hold Us by Macklemore
- Ray Ban Vision by A-Trak
- Anything by Jason Derulo
- Anything by Avicii
Now go listen to delightful music tunes. While you’re working out. Create a happier and healthier new you.
Ok, I’m annoyed with this over-the-top happiness.
- 2 sweet potatoes or yam, holes poked throughout with a fork
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ pound ground turkey (or more, if you would like)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5-6 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in sweet potatoes and wrap in foil. Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left to cook, add 2 tablespoons of bacon fat to a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic cloves to the pan then add the onions.
- Once onions are translucent, add ground turkey and break up with a wooden spoon.
- While the turkey is cooking, add hot sauce, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to the meat and mix.
- When turkey is pretty much done cooking, add spinach and cover to help the spinach steam, then mix with the meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then remove from heat.
- When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, cut open and mash insides up with a fork. Then add the turkey mixture to the inside.
- And eat!!