Is this another lazy meal by JB? Why yes, yes it is. It’s fancy though BECAUSE the steak is an elk steak. Ooooooo, ahhhhhh. You so fancy.
A friend named Matt from the gym was kind enough to bring me some elk from hunting season. Elk is delicious. And smells weird. But I like it. But if you don’t have elk on hand, you don’t have to be fancy. You can go the old beef route. I’ll still like you.
I have big plans for this weekend. First off, hopefully not being so uncomfortably sore FROM MONDAY that I can walk like a normal person (that will never happen, I walk weird normally) and be able to complete workouts with actual good times. Next, I will be watching my gym compete in the inaugural Amazing Race. We will be doing a CrossFit amazing race, which our owner Jason has come up with, in which our athletes will be doing workouts all around Denver and having to do weird things that I cannot speak of. Don’t worry, I’ll tell you all about it next week. Hopefully with pictures. And lastly, I plan on getting a tan. Lake Powell is coming up soon. Not only are there extremely good looking people on this trip, but they are extremely fit good looking people. You know how body builders make their bodies stupid tan before a competition? That’s what I plan to do. Every imperfection will be covered by bronze. OMG tan.
Oh, and I plan to go out and dance somewhere. In a skirt. A girly skirt. I went out today planning to get some sort of heel type shoe and guess what I bought…two kinds of New Balance shoes. I went to the New Balance store for gosh sakes, what was I expecting to find.
You know what sucks? Well, feeling like I have rhabdo in my legs. But that’s not the true sucky thing. What really sucks is that my blonde hair is growing in and it looks like I’m either balding or have gray hairs. I refuse to be a blonde. Not that there is anything wrong with that you blonde babes out there, but I refuse to believe I was born blonde. My armpit hair is not blonde, so why should my head be? Did I really just talk about the color of my armpit hair? Reason #48 why I am single.
I want a cookie.
- 1 elk round steak (or steak of your choice)
- 1-2 pieces of bacon
- 2 eggs
- ½ yellow onion, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, to top
- fat of choice - I used bacon fat
- Heat up 2 small skillets over medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon of bacon fat to one of your skillets and add your sliced onion. Salt and pepper your onions to your liking. Use a wood spoon to stir the onions around to make sure they don't burn and help them caramelize.
- While the onions get to caramelizing, first salt and pepper your steak and add a bit of basil to both sides. Then wrap your piece(s) of bacon around your steak and add it directly to your hot pan.
- Cook your steak on both sides for about 3-4 minutes. Elk steak doesn't need to cook very long because it doesn't have a ton of fat, but cook your steak accordingly and how you like your steak cooked.
- After your steak is cooked, put on a plate to rest and add a bit more bacon fat to that same pan, if needed.
- Now crack both of your eggs into the pan (this is where you can cook your eggs however you'd like).
- I made my eggs over easy so I let cook for about a min, salt and peppered my eggs, then put about a teaspoon of water into the pan and covered with a lid to steam the top of the eggs.
- After about 1 more minute or when eggs are cooked to preference, pull off heat and top on your steak.
- Once onions are caramelized, after about 10 minutes, top on steak and eggs. Then slice up some avocado to make it pretty and delicious.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!