Well hello again! It’s almost back to normal here at paleOMG. Did you miss me?! I missed you. I didn’t really know how much my website meant to me until I couldn’t use it anymore, and I was crying on the floor of my room in frustration. Stupid technology. Why does it have to be so weird. And confusing. But work with me, I promise you the website will be back to normal rants and recipes by next week. Because I love you. No I love you more!
So I talked about this on my facebook page a little while back. Have you seen the show ‘Catfish’? I’m obsessed. I’ll give you the run down if you haven’t seen it. So this guy met this girl on the internet, fell in love with her, then when he finally met her, you guessed it, it wasn’t her. So he made a documentary of it THEN mtv was smart enough to pick it up and he started doing the same thing for other people. So he brings two people together who have met on the internet to see if it was all a lie. Most of the episodes I’ve seen prove that people love to lie on the internet. What’s that about? I haven’t lied once on this thing. Well, maybe I didn’t tell you about a chocolate eating session, but that’s none of your business. Now my acne issues, that’s definitely your business.
Anywho, it’s one of those shows that’s like watching a train wreck. You can’t look away. And why would you want to? Watching people meet random people they fell in love with via written words is pretty disgustingly fantastic. Ok, disgusting is the wrong word. I could see why though. I’ve dipped my toe into online dating before. I’ve seen what people put on the internet. And really, all people talk about is their positives. You know, the ‘I make 6 digits a year’, the ‘I’m looking for the girl next door because I’m a romantic at heart’, the ‘I’m a very driven person who is looking for an independent woman.’ They never put on there ‘I’m a drunk that tends to only sleep with women while intoxicated. Oh, and I have commitment issues.’ That just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
Online dating is weird. I gave it up. I don’t like using up my time with someone I know nothing about. I like friends more. Why would I go on an awkward date with someone while I could be watching a Twilight movie, drinking wine, and making paleo cookies? Ugh, I’m dumb. I wish I would have never typed that sentence. But the delete button is too far away.
I ate duck last night. Duck is bloody amazing. I wish I could eat duck every other day. Every day would just be too much. Oh and I’m eating beef sticks for breakfast. This week is weird.
- 2-3 cups chopped carrots (I used baby carrots)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14oz) can of coconut milk
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced (the more, the better)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add in your coconut oil, garlic and onion. Cook up onions are translucent.
- Then add in your carrots with broth and coconut milk along with ginger and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cook until carrots are soft, about 12-15 minutes.
- Once carrots are soft, use an immersion blender to mix until soup is smooth and creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender, add it to your food processor, like I did.
- Top with more fresh ginger and enjoy. I added some shredded chicken to mine and it was AWESOME.