This post is brought to you by the incredibly amazing Adriana from Living Healthy with Chocolate. Check out her blog now!!
‘Hello Everyone! First of all, I want to thank Juli for having me as a guest on PaleOMG. As many of my followers know this is only my second guest post and I am so honored to be able to share my recipes with everyone who follows Juli and her blog.
I really wanted this post to be special and after giving it some thought, I came up with this idea to cover strawberries in chocolate, but in a different way. So for this recipe I decided to surround my strawberries with a light, soft, moist and not too sweet dark chocolate cupcake. We all can agree that chocolate complements strawberries very well and it is one of those unique combinations that keeps you wanting more and more.
The sound of cupcakes in the paleo diet sounds very unhealthy, but when you combine ingredients such as coconut oil, coconut milk, ground almonds and some dark chocolate, it becomes the perfect healthy alternative treat for a birthday party or a special occasion like valentines day.
I am certain you will enjoy this recipe and know that following a healthy diet can also be delicious in the presence of dark chocolate and fresh strawberries ♥. Enjoy!’
- 1¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (add more if you like it sweeter)
- fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- 6 tbs coconut milk
- In a large bowl mix the almond flour, cacao powder and baking soda
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl over simmering water and let it cool for 5 minutes
- Whisk in the egg, coconut oil, coconut milk and honey until smooth
- Gently fold the almond flour mixture into the chocolate to form a batter
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each to the top. I used a silicon muffin pan. but you can use any regular pan and paper liners if you wish.
- Cut the tops off of 6 strawberries and insert one in each cupcake, pointy side down
- Bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 22 minutes
- Allow muffins to cool on a wire rack before frosting
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler and mix the coconut milk until smooth
- Top each cupcake with the frosting, then place a fresh strawberries on top
All about Adriana:
For the past few years I have been educating myself on which micronutrients my body requires to function properly. I have dramatically changed my diet, eliminating all grains and processed foods and I now follow a paleolithic/primal diet. I am an avid kitesurfer and bodyboarder and this has greatly improved my performance and health. Like our ancestors, I have an occasional sweet tooth and in my spare time I try to get creative in my kitchen developing dessert recipes that uses only high quality, micronutrient rich ingredients. It is through my blog, Follow me on: Twitter