I LOVE mustard. I will cook my chicken in it, fry up my pork in it, and add it to any sort of breakfast meal i have. It’s just flippin good. I’ve found that ground mustard is even more enjoyable than regular yellow mustard so i always stock my fridge with extra bottles. Be sure to read your labels though, ground mustard may have cane sugar or brown sugar added in, so read before you buy. Make sense? Cool.
This meal is SUPER simple and it lasted me quite a few days. I would even recommend making a bit more of the mustard mixture to top your meals off with…can’t hurt having a bit more, right?
- ⅓ cup ground mustard (no sugar added)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos (or you can use a wheat free soy sauce)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6-8 chicken breasts or thighs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fat (olive oil, coconut oil, lard, etc.)
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in small bowl. Add half of the mixture in a zip-lock bag and reserve the remaining mixture. Add the chicken to the bag and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours, or longer. The more the chicken sits, the more the flavors will mix together and taste even better!
- Preheat grill or a large skillet on medium-high heat and add a tablespoon or so of fat.
- Remove chicken from the baggy. Add a bit of sea salt on the chicken, and place the chicken on the grill or in the skillet to cook. The chicken will need cook for about 8-10 minutes on both sides or until done. If you are cooking in a skillet and want the chicken to cook a bit quicker, add a bit of water and cover to let the steaming begin.
- Serve the chicken on top of any sort of veggies you like and top with reserved mustard mixture. I used a mixture of zucchini noodles (zucchini sliced thin with a mandoline) and some broccoli, which i sautéed up with the chicken when it was almost done cooking!
Post thoughts to comments! Let me know if you have made anything delicious with mustard!