Ok, flat out, these muffins ARE DELICIOUS!! The chai gives in a slight salt spice, but it is complimented by the sweetness of the dates. One thing i do recommend is not being an idiot like me and putting dates, that ARE NOT pitted, into a food processor. For some reason, your food processor doesn’t seem to like that. Extremely loud and not that fun digging out pits from a runny date mixture. Just saying, but feel free to try it out if you like eating pits….that’s a joke.
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 cup dates, pitted (I used a mixture of dates and prunes)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 chai blend tea bags, opened
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup dried blueberries (or fresh if you’d like)--buy dried in bulk section
- Muffin tin liners
- Optional: Coconut sugar or unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grab your handy-dandy food processor. If you don’t have one, your life is going to be much more difficult, so invest in one…you SO won’t regret it!! Combine wet ingredients in your food processor: dates, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs. Turn that wonderful food processor on and let run until you get a smooth, slightly wet paste.
- While your food processor does all the work for you, grab out a large bowl and combine your dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chai tea bags, and cinnamon.
- Once your date mixture is well combine, add your wet ingredients to your bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until mixture is fully combined. The muffin mix should be slightly runny, but thicker than normal crappy-grain filled muffins :)
- Fold in your dried blueberries into the mixture.
- Now grab your muffin tin and line 6-7 muffin centers with a liner. You can use normal paper liners OR check out these silicone liners that are absolutely fantastic!! Nothing sticks to them—so they are great for egg muffins as well, just FYI.
- Fill 6-7 muffin tins with your delicious muffin mix.
- If you want a bit more sugar added to this recipe, top your muffins off with some coconut sugar (or shredded coconut) before you throw them in the oven. Coconut sugar is super sweet and acts like sugar crystals….ahhhhh hells yeah. Optional though!!
- Now throw those little suckers in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle of a muffin to make sure it comes off clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before you chow down!!
Got a yummy paleo recipe you want to share? Or think this recipe tasted like crap? OR EVEN BETTER, did you love the recipe?? No matter what you thought, post your comments below!
I love me some chai:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!