I’m back to my routine after being in San Diego over the weekend. The first day back, I couldn’t get off the couch. F*ck you cramps, you devil soul, you. But now I’m back at it. Cramps aren’t usually my routine. Ugh, why can’t I stop saying cramps. Anwywho, I’m making food, eating food, typing things, typing more things, and cuddling the crap out of Jackson. I like my routine. Minus cramps. Sorry, last time.
While I was flying back from San Diego, I found the book ‘Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me’ by Mindy Kaling. If you don’t know who Mindy is, you’re a silly human. She’s the high pitched voice-Indian woman on The Office and now she has her own show, The Mindy Project. She’s fantastic. She likes to eat which she references often and I really appreciate that, she is super intelligent and obviously is hilarious. In my mind, the woman is a genius. And reading her totally inspires me. That may sound weird, but for real. I’ll read a chapter from her book and I instantly want to write. And be more witty like her. I’ve never actually been inspired to be more like anyone, I’ve always just wanted to be a better version of myself, but she rocks. Thanks for the inspiration, Mindy. You’re the new inspiration for my newest upcoming project.
I need it to be time to share the project with you, gosh dammit. Soon, young child.
I figured some things out while traveling back from SD:
- Frontier Airlines now sucks. I used to love them, but now, no thank you. I almost always carry on my bag so I understand I have to pay for that with them. They are into this whole ‘you pay for exactly what you want’ thing. Cool, whatever. BUT 10 minutes before we were about to board, they made everyone line up with their carry on bag to place in the container that makes sure you’re carrying on the perfect size bag. THEN we had to get back in line to board. Dear Frontier Airlines, I didn’t pay to stand in line to measure my bag size AFTER I already paid for my carry on. You’re lame, FA. You’re lame.
- People hate other people when flying. I get it, I usually hate people too. Especially when it’s an early flight and I’m hungry. But I at least keep to myself. The other day I watched a woman yell, literally yell, at a man for getting in a line next to us, not to the back of the line. The line was for priority boarding, so yeah, he didn’t have to go to the back of the line. He literally paid more to get away from the annoying yelling women in line at the airport, but sadly, he still had to deal with this b*tch. I wanted to yell at her, but you know, I’m a good human being. So I just thought a lot of mean things about her instead. Like a good person would do.
- I also figured out that no matter how many pictures I take of my parking spot or how many hints I give myself to where I parked at the airport, I will always get lost or at least get off at the wrong stop. The buses do this huge U shape and even though I’m at M4, I always want to get off at M1. I get really nervous that I’m going to miss the stop. I feel the pressure of anxiety on my chest. Even though I’ve done this a million times. So I just get off at M1 then I have to walk 1/2 a mile to find my parking space. I need to get it together. Or buy a private plane where I can just drive up to the hanger and park my car in it. Is that how it works? That’s what I imagine. And my imaginary brain is right usually 17% of the time.
- You can smell people’s breath on the planes. Ew. Brush your teeth, people. You’re grown adults.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans of coconut milk
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter
- ½ cup homemade jam
- Place two cans of coconut milk in a large bowl and whisk in coconut sugar until well mixed.
- Pour coconut milk in to ice cream maker and follow ice cream maker directions. Once ice cream begins to churn and thicken, add sunflower seed butter and let fold into mixture.
- Pour mixture into a bread pan (9x5) then pour in jam and use a knife to fold mixture around. Make sure not to over mix because you want those big chunks of jam to come out when you scoop it.
- Place in freezer and freeze for 2-3 hours before scooping to help the ice cream not melt as quickly (sometimes it melts quicker coming straight from the ice cream maker)
- Serve up, butter"peanut"cup.
Ice Cream Mix Time: 10 Minutes
Freeze Time: 2-3 hours