It’s almost over!!! The CrossFit Open 2012 is coming to a close this week. My gosh, thank goodness. Not that I don’t love it. I do. I get to watch some of my friends and athletes do things they never thought possible. And I get to see camaraderie at it’s best. But 5 weeks is a long time to stay excited about something, and nervous. To have knots in your stomach every Wednesday at 6pm kinda blows. I’d rather not feel like way.
But I did get to experience wod 12.4 last week. Which was surprisingly fun. Which makes no sense since it started off with 150 wall balls. And if you’ve never done a wall ball, I’ve tell you now, 150 of those bastards is a lot. And it doesn’t feel good. EVER. Then you followed that up with 90 double unders, then 30 muscle ups…if you can get that many in. WHAT? It was crazy. But I got a few muscle ups in and was STOKED about it. Truly stoked. Why? Because I suuuuuuck ass at them. They are my enemy. At Regionals last year, I got 1 muscle up in 15 minutes. ONE. That means I failed 123 other times trying to attempt those sucky things. That was a slight exaggeration. But you get my drift. I suck at them. Wanna see some pics? I got to sport my PaleOMG white tank at the gym. I really do need that tank in every color.
I just ate a blueberry pumpkin pie protein shake. Holy wonderful.
Aren’t you excited for this cooking video!? Yes, I know it’s lengthwise. I KNOW OK?! I was home alone, had to mount the camera on a tripod that I stole from Tom, and don’t really understand technology. I’M DOING MY BEST PEOPLE. My camera doesn’t have a spot on it’s side to screw the tripod into. So I had to, once again, video myself dancing lengthwise. And hear it from you guys. I get it, I suck. But this coconut rice doesn’t suck. It doesn’t suck at all actually. Cauliflower rice is sure to surprise you if you’ve never had it. And my dancing skills will make you uncomfortable as well!! WHY WOULDN’T YOU WATCH MY COOKING VIDEO!?
- 1lb chicken, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ⅔ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup cashews
- 2-3 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cilantro, to garnish
- First add your chopped cauliflower to your food processor with the shredding attachment to “rice” the cauliflower.
- Pull a large pot, place over medium heat, and add a tablespoon of coconut oil then add your cauliflower. Add a pinch of salt, then cover to help steam, mixing occasionally.
- Now pull out a large skillet and place under medium heat. Then add your coconut oil.
- Add minced garlic then chicken as soon as the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Once the chicken begins to become white on all sides, add your ⅔ cup coconut milk and pureed pumpkin to your chicken and mix until the pumpkin breaks down.
- Now add your sliced onions and spices to cook down.
- Then add your other ingredients for your coconut rice and cover to cook down. Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Let the rice cook for about 5-8 minutes until coconut milk has evaporated and you have sticky rice.
- When chicken is done cooking and your curry has thickened a bit, remove from heat and add your cashews to the curry mixture.
- Now place sticky rice in a bowl along with curry over top and cilantro to garnish!