I had seriously no clue what to call this sauce. So I did what anyone would do…got really creative. Then I figured out, I’m not creative. And called it OMG sauce. I can just feel the disappointment radiating off your face right now. I know, I know.
It feels good to be home. I got home on Saturday after something like 9 hours of traveling. Was up by 3:45, drove to the Pittsburgh airport, flew to Atlanta, napped on the Atlanta airport seats, tried to eat some chicken and green beans but had a hard time because my body didn’t want to process food that early, flew to Colorado, drove to my house, changed into workout clothes, drove to the gym, had a terrible workout because of lack of food and sleep, then grabbed a burger from Park Burger and watched some movie I don’t remember. Then I took a Tylenol PM and passed out by 8something. Slept for 12 hours. Pretty solid Saturday. Sunday gave me a much more enjoyable workout, thankfully. It’s amazing what eating and sleep can do for a body. It makes me much happier. Oh, and the box from modcloth.com waiting at the house didn’t hurt either.
Pittsburgh was awesome. Here’s the story with Pittsburgh if you haven’t heard it already. You see, George from Civilized Caveman and I are writing a cookbook!! Pretty exciting stuff! What’s even more exciting is that it’s already out for preorder! So George and I decided to head to our friends Bill and Hayley’s house in Pittsburgh to do cool things like eating with them and film our own promo video with ShoFilms. We spent almost an entire day just filming us cooking, doing weird things, and eating. I’m guessing 85% of it was awkward. Here are some of the bloopers. And that’s just some of them. It’s so exciting that the book is already on Amazon, even though the book doesn’t come out until June 10th. But what’s really cool about it is that if you pre-order the book on Amazon, you don’t pay until it releases on June 10th, and you get locked in at the lowest price it ever hits on Amazon. So if it says $26 right now and you order it, then the next week it drops to $15, you only pay $15 unless it goes lower but you’ll never pay higher!! Pretty cool if you ask me.
So anywho, after filming we just spent some time hanging out. Hayley and I went shopping one day on Walnut St. Lululemon, Francesca’s and the Gap got the best of me. I was incredibly surprised that I was able to fit everything back into my suitcase. But now that I’m back home, I’ve cut myself off from shopping. I have quite enough boots and scarves by nowWe also cooked a lot. Meaning Bill cooked a lot. And I ate a lot. I made breakfast one morning and donuts one afternoon. Who doesn’t need a good apple cider donut sometimes? We also went to a restaurant called Legume where I got duck confit and a looooot of french fries. I need to make sure I don’t let myself get hungry while traveling because I can get a little wild on fries when hungry. We also went to a restaurant called Pig and Chicken and had some pretty damn good ribs. I think I ate ribs 3-4 times while I was out there. Which is awesome because that’s more BBQ than I’ve eaten in an entire year.
But anyways, I’m back home for a week and then I leave again on Sunday for California then Boston. I’ll be gone from my little home for 9 whole days. Not loving that. Especially since I’m taking a carry on. F*ck the man, I ain’t payin’ fo no bag check. That was annoying. But seriously. There’s no way I’m paying $75 to carry clothes. I’m pretty cheap when it comes to just buying clothes, but paying to just ship them in the cargo space underneath my seat, where they then proceed to ruin the outside of my bag by throwing it around like a rag doll, just doesn’t make sense to me. So I’ll be wearing a lot of the same things over the next 9 days. Sexy.
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Paleo Chef Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- salt, to taste
- 3-4 cups spinach
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
For the OMG sauce
- 2 tablespoons sunbutter (or almond butter or tahini)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Paleo Chef Sriracha
- 1/2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until spaghetti squash gives when you poke the outside skin.
- Remove the seeds and use a fork to remove the threads and place in a large bowl.
- In a large pan or dutch oven, add ground pork along with 1 tablespoons sriracha and 1 tablespoon coconut aminos and cook over medium-high heat. Break up pork into small pieces and cook until completely cooked through. Place ground pork in the bowl with the spaghetti squash.
- In the same pan with some of the fat rendered from the ground pork, add broccoli with a bit of salt.
- Cook broccoli until slightly browned, then cover with a lid to help steam. Once broccoli has steamed, add spinach and a bit more salt on top of broccoli and cover to help steam until spinach is cooked through and soft.
- Add pork and spaghetti squash to pan, mix it all together and keep on low to keep warm.
- Whisk all ingredients for the sauce together.
- Pour sauce onto spaghetti squash mixture and mix together until completely coated.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!