Do you ever feel like the inside of your car is a spot on representation of what your life is like? I do. When my life is a little out of control, my car becomes a sh*tshow. Legit, frightening. I don’t know how it happens but my car will be clean one day, then an explosion occurs by the next day. That’s what’s happening right now. I’m not sure where all these coffee cups came from. And pieces of tupperware. WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!? I must be a sh*tshow. And I’m sure my workout buddies would agree.
I’m really sad right now. No, not because my car is hoarders fantasy land, but because I didn’t get to partake in my weekly kickball game. Such a shame. I did a workout with my friend’s Katie, Sergio, and Clark at CrossFit South Denver, and afterwards, wanted to die. I have absolutely never felt like that after a workout. It felt like how it used to feel when I ate grains. Seriously. I would get the worst stomach aches in the world when I ate grains and as soon as I cut those foods out, I never felt like that again. Until this wod. I think the mix of heatand squat cleans did it. How do you people in extra hot places do it? Are you just cool with vomiting regularly? And feeling like death?
Anywho. Did you know they have Cold Stone Creamery creamer for your coffee now!? Those assholes. That sounds fantastic. I sometimes miss sweet coffee. Mostly when I’m on my monthly gift. Like frappucinos. Get out of town. I dream about those things.
Ok, I’m going to get it together now. I made this little cups of joy for my roommate Laura. She’s trying to eat more veggies. And this was perfect because she doesn’t really love spinach and she liked that it was slightly hidden in this dish. So if you don’t like veggies, DON’T YOU WORRY, they’re hidden, meaning they don’t exist. It’s science.
- 1 medium yam, shredded
- 20oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquid*
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- coconut oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Shred your yam in a food processor using the shredding attachment.
- Spray your 12 tin muffin pan.
- Place shredded yam in each muffin and press down and up onto the sides to create little buckets. Spray the tops of the shredded yams in each tin.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- While the little nest bake, take your thawed spinach and squeeze out all the excess liquid.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of fat.
- Throw in your spinach along with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Saute and cover to help cook through.
- After 6-8 minutes or once your spinach is cooked through, add spinach to each tin and press down, making sure to leave room for your egg to fit comfortably in.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes for runny yolks or up to 12 for hard eggs.
- Serve with hot sauce on top!