If you haven’t noticed, I rarely post salad recipes. That’s mostly because salads remind me of my days when I used to count calories and eat salads that tasted like balls in order to be skinny and still be unhappy. So to me, salads = unhappiness. But before you get up and yell at me, I do eat delicious salads on occasion and love them. So I tried to create me own. My girlfriend Sarah thought a cobb salad with shrimp would be a delicious idea, so I ran with it. And put peaches in it. Because peaches are in season here and they are delicious. And since peaches are in season, that means summer is coming to a close. I hate when summer ends. That means I am one day closer to snow. And digging my car out at 5 in the morning to get to work. Dislike. So really, this salad reminds me of unhappiness. Shucks. I tried.
I’m just kidding. It was awesome. I wouldn’t post a salad that tasted like sh*t. That’s just flat out wrong.
So before I forget, I want to chat with my acne sufferers about what I’ve been up to while trying to solve my own acne bullsh*t. It’s amazing to see the comments and emails and messages I get from people who are suffering from the same thing. So this is what I’ve been doing. I cut out nuts completely and cut out fruit and sugar for quite sometime. The other day I had some nuts and some sugar when I was trying the carmelitas recipes and I felt like dog poo after and my face broke out a little. So dumb. My body just hates those two things. Anyways, I’ve been doing oil cleansing for about 2-3 months now and have loved it. My skin feels way smoother and the deeper acne has begun to subside some.
This is what I do:
- Mix together a mixture of 1 part castor oil to 5 parts jojoba (how in the hell do you even say that word?)
- Rub it all over my face and into those dumb pores of mine
- Put a wash cloth under extra hot water and ring it out. Then place a hot wash cloth over my face to steam it. I do that twice.
- Then I oil up my face with coconut oil. Since I’m single and no one is sleeping over, I use A LOT of coconut oil. I smell awesome, just look weird. Laura likes it.
- Then in the morning, I just splash my face with cold water and put on just a LITTLE bit of coconut oil as my moisturizer. Little is the main word there. You can look real weird if you put too much on.
A few people have mentioned that they can tell the difference or it’s looking better. But this being my skin, I tell can a huge difference. I haven’t cried about my skin in almost a month. That’s huge. Not joking. So I know it must be better if I’m not annoying my friends with my complaining. So the summary of the story is, if your acne is making your life slightly miserable, try what I have tried. I’m no where near looking great, but it’s better and that’s what matters to me.
Let’s not talk about acne anymore because it’s dumb.
Let’s talk about something that’s even more dumb.
- Mass messages on Iphones.
- Mass messages on Facebook.
I hate them both. I don’t care what 23 other people have to say back to one message. Damn you poor technology inventors. Damn you.
- 2 cups arugula (or lettuce of your choice)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 peach, diced
- 10-12 shrimp, cooked and chilled
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup water
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First you need to prepare all your ingredients. I already bought my shrimp precooked and chilled so they were ready to go. If not, cook your shrimp as desired and place in fridge to cool.
- Place your 2 eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Cook for 15 minutes then place under cold water to cool, then peel and dice.
- Cook your bacon on both sides, place on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the excess fat then dice.
- Dice up you cucumber and peach.
- Place arugula in the bottom of a wide, shallow bowl, then top with cucumber, peach, shrimp, bacon, and eggs in any order.
- Now make your dressing.
- Add avocado to your food processor then while the food processor is still running, add your olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, lemon, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add your water to the food processor until you get the consistency you prefer for dressing. The more water you add, the more runny your dressing will be. The choice is yours. Lucky you.