‘Drive’ is officially the worst movie I have ever seen. Like, wtf. Laura and I rented it to have a girls night with our other roomie Steph, and thought that Ryan Gosling would be a wonderful choice to watch. Well, he was definitely attractive as usual, but holy sh*t….you keep waiting for something to happen in the movie…and after many MANY awkward silences, people start getting their heads blown off. Forks end up in eyeballs. And knives are used a lot on people’s bodies. It was just too much. No story line, just blood and guts. I can’t believe people actually got paid to say 4 words in that movie. I think I might have had nightmares. Pretty sure I did. Especially since my bed was wet when I woke up….kidding. I haven’t wet the bed since….college. Ew. That was gross of me.
Guess what’s coming up soon?! The CrossFit Open! I’m not crazy excited yet. I don’t usually get excited about competitions until the day of and since it’s 5 weeks long, it makes it a lil tough to get excited about. But I did get a lil more excited the other day when my friend Erica posted a video she recorded of me and then it was posted on the CrossFit Southwest Region facebook page. Her website her awesome, all about empowering women. Who wouldn’t love that! Women are great.
Wanna see the cutest thing on the entire planet? Check it. Weener dogs should rule the world.
So this recipe turned out delish, even the non paleo eating friends thought so! It’s pretty intense in the flavor department so you don’t need too much of it. A little goes a long way. And look what I did…I made another cooking video!! Sorry it’s long ways. Just getting used to a new camera. Really, I’m lucky it even recorded. Laura and I had no idea what we were doing with that mini camcorder. I only say ‘um’ and ‘so’ like 46 times in this video. Much better than the 47 times in the first video. GETTING BETTER EVERY TIME!
For the Pesto
- 3 oz sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1-1.5 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the pasta
- 3 zucchini, julienne cut or sliced into fettuccine noodles
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 1lb chicken, diced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place your sundried tomatoes in a bowl with 1-2 cups of water or until the sundried tomatoes are covered to soften.
- Now heat up a medium sized skillet under medium heat with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and throw in your diced chicken to begin to cook down, tossing the chicken randomly to help cook on all sides.
- Add your basil, tarragon, and thyme to the chicken.
- Once your sundried tomatoes are soft, pull out your food processor, place sundried tomatoes along with your walnuts and puree. Then add the rest of the pesto ingredients and slowly pour in the olive oil in while it's turned on so you can see how much olive oil you will really need. Add until you find your preferred consistency.
- Now heat up a large skillet under medium heat with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and toss in your zucchini noodles and asparagus.
- Add your chicken broth or water to the noodles and asparagus to help cook the noodles down.
- After about 3-5 minutes, add your sundried tomato pesto to the zucchini noodles along with the chicken.
- Cover and let cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with some leftover sundried tomatoes on top!