I’ve been loving the fries this week. That’s not totally true actually. I made these chili fries the same day I made my Ketchup with Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries. So it was kind of like killing two birds with one stone. That’s a dumb saying.
It’s Friday. I heart Friday. I don’t know why because I still work on the weekends so nothing is really different compared to Thursday. But Friday nights excite me because I can do whatever the hell I want and no one is around to tell me to do something else. All my roommates go out, all my girlfriends go out, and I get to sit in my pajamas, watching the Food Network while I make some kind of treat and skim my way through Pinterest. I.Effing.Love.Pinterest. I’ve been spending hours on it lately so I can modify it exactly how I want. Meaning, the only thing that pops up on my pinterest is food related. Have you seen my Pinterest boards?! You should check them out. They aren’t that awesome because I’m slightly a bore, but you know, I’m trying.
So this weekend is suppose to be hot hot hot in Colorado. Like 82 on Saturday. 82 in March?! Holy moly, awesome. So I’m going to spend most of my time outdoors, with minimal clothing on (spandex shorts are back!!!), while reading Catching Fire. Yep. Instead of playing volleyball like all of my other friends will be doing, I will be engulfing my brain in the second book of the Hunger Games. Last week Tommy made me play volleyball. He has now made me play kickball AND volleyball in the same week. Do you know how much embarrassment that is for JUST ONE WEEK?! It’s ridiculous. Especially since I’m not consuming alcoholic beverages throughout these experiences. Being drunk makes everything seem more funny and less humiliating.
So if you’re like me and are consuming paleo treats on your Friday night while you surf the web, I’ll be right there with you. It’s like we’re best friends. You know what you should do?! Check out my Facebook, my Pinterest, my Youtube station, AND my Twitter. I’ll be updating all of them throughout the night. That’s kind of a lie, but whatever.
OH SH*T!!! Guess what just came in?! This best thing to hit this town since 1988 (the year I was born, duh). HEADBANDS!!! Yes PaleOMG headbands! They are here! You wear them on your head. They keep the hair out of your eyes, and even better, keep the sweat from going into your eyeballs and burning. I seriously don’t understand how any of you workout without a headband on. It’s pure torture. Check em out! Then get one!! I love mine!
- 2 sweet potatoes - made into Sweet Potato French Fries
- ½lb Grass Fed Beef
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1-1.5 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- Make your Sweet Potato Fries.
- While your sweet potato fries are cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of fat.
- Add your minced garlic and onion to your hot pan and mix to combine the flavors.
- When your onions have become translucent, add your grass fed beef and all your spices. Let your meat cook down for about 4-5 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break up the beef and incorporate the spices.
- When the beef is almost cooked through, add your diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix to combine.
- Then add your vegetable broth. If you want a runnier chili, add a bit more broth.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper.
- Let cook down for about 3 minutes and taste to make sure your spice level is where you want it to be!!
- Pour over your sweet potatoes and top with some avocado to act as a cooling agent. This chili is a bit spicy!