I just need to say THANK YOU to all the wonderful people who wrote in yesterday and helped me out with our wedding playlist! You guys are seriously the best! And WAY more helpful than our wedding guests. I may just invite you all last minute so be ready to use your miles for a quick trip to Jamaica! Cool? Kcool.
So guess what? We officially have our lives back in order:
- New sewer line – check
- Bush and tree removal – check
- New fence – check
- Fixed fridge – check
- Taxes done – check
- Packed for Jamaica – check
- No money – check
Even though we are poor, we have our love, right? “Love is all you need.” NAME THAT MOVIE!
We are slowly becoming neighbors that people want to live next to. We still need new grass, flowers, driveway, and other landscaping to look like we have our sh*t together, but we’re getting closer. Then we still need to actually fully decorate the inside of our house. Just a few minor things to do. IT’S NEVER ENDING! How do people pay for children while still able to do things they love and decorate the home they bought? Makes no sense.
You guys…I can’t even right now. I’m so freaking excited to leave for Jamaica for our wedding. I have no idea what we will have to do wedding wise once we get there (since we really haven’t planned any of the wedding yet) but I do know that 2 of our friends will already be there, waiting for us in the lobby…with a dirty banana. HOORAY! And I do know that I can’t wait to share all the fun outfits I brought and swimsuits I found. I will still have a blog post ready to go Monday-Friday next week for you guys (the recipes are AWESOME next week!) and I still plan on sharing stuff on social media, including some photos and snapchats from our wedding day! I seriously CANNOT WAIT to show you all my wedding dress! Fingers crossed that the photographer there gets at least a few good photos! So stay tuned on social media, I’ll definitely be keeping you guys updated! I’m even wearing a reader’s veil at my wedding so PaleOMG is definitely still present the entire day and I want you guys to all feel part of it since many of you have followed me since 5 years ago, when I was single and complaining about the douches of the world. So excited to share this moment with all of you!!!
For the marinade
- 3 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoke paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 ounce silver agave tequila
For the toppings
- 1-2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt, to taste
- Place chicken in a dish. Whisk all ingredients for the marinade together then pour over the chicken. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 3+ hours. I marinated mine for 24 hours.
- Heat up grill or grill pan and grease. Once very hot, put chicken out of marinade and place on grill or grill pan to cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no pink remains.
- While chicken cooks, place a medium pan over medium heat. Add ghee along with red bell peppers. Let cook until peppers begin to brown and soften, about 8-10 minutes. Once done, add cilantro, lime juice and salt and mix to combine.
- Top chicken with bell pepper mixture! Eat on up!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!