Thanksgiving is coming up REALLY DAMN FAST!! Slow down life, I don’t have time to breathe! And since it’s coming up so fast, I’m getting underway with holiday inspired recipes the next couple weeks. I’ve shared SO MANY holiday recipes on my site over many years and I’m going to keep it going in the next couple weeks with some fun new recipes that include pumpkin, potatoes, and sweet potatoes. So no matter what you like during the holiday seasons, you have the best option on the table just for you!
I talked about it a little bit on Monday so I’ll quickly breeze past the topic: you can eat whatever you want on Thanksgiving. That means if you want to eat sh*tty, unhealthy food, YOU CAN!! But if your goal is to stay healthy over the holidays, YOU CAN DO THAT! The holidays are challenging but they shouldn’t hinder your goals. So if you want to eat healthy, if you want to feel good the day after, then plan ahead. Make your own side dish or your own dessert then just choose wisely on Thanksgiving day. You don’t have to feel crappy, you don’t have to eat the average 4500 that most Americans eat that day – you can just eat delicious food, enjoy the time with your friends and family, and get back to normal life the next day. You got this, just make sure you have a game plan! And don’t let the insecure pressure of others bog you down. YOU make the decisions that day!
How crazy is it that we have a new president?! I mean, I guess we don’t have one until January, but still pretty crazy! I never speak about politics and I still won’t speak on them, but pretty insane to watch this election unfold. And wonder what our next 4 years will look like. One of the cool things that was passed in Boulder is the soda will be taxed. And I loooooove that. Soda is gross. Stop drinking it.
So this is weird. You know how people swear by coconut oil and say they use it to get their makeup off and whatever else. Well, one day I decided I should be all hippy and granola and I started using coconut oil. My face FREAKED OUT! It dried up so incredibly bad that I could barely move it. It felt like when you get a chemical peel but the skin hasn’t peeled yet. Like you’re trying to break through your skin. So I stopped using it and my skin calmed down. Then my mother-in-law sent me a package of goodies which included these coconut water facial wipes so I tried those and my face FREAKED OUT AGAIN!! It’s been so so so dry even though I stopped using them days ago. It’s seriously insane how dry my skin has gotten. Is this normal? Why is my face rejecting me!?
- 6 delicata squash*
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage + some sage leaves for garnishing
- hefty pinch of himalayan sea salt
- hefty pinch of black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces goat cheese**, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut each delicata squash in half lengthwise and place cut side down on the baking sheet (you do not need to remove the seeds yet, it's easier to do after it's cooked). Cook delicata squash until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the excess seeds and discard. Then carefully scoop the squash from the skin, leaving about ¼ inch of the squash intact which will help when baking the second time around (you will discard one of the squashes at this point). Place delicata squash in a high speed blender.
- Place a small saute pan over medium heat and add ghee along with the thyme, rosemary and sage. Cook for about 3 minutes to release the fragrance. Place mixture in the blender with squash, salt, black pepper, egg and 1 ounce goat cheese and blend until smooth. Pour mixture evenly into the 10 remaining delicata squash halves, top with the extra goat cheese crumbles and with an extra sage leaf on top.
- Place back in oven to cook for about 15 minutes, until completely cooked through.
- Serve immediately!
**if you cannot have dairy, you can just leave this out. it is still delicious without the dairy
More Holiday Inspired Recipes:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!