I’m in a major funk here. And I’m not one to be in a constant funk. I go through these probably 2-3 times per year. I’ll hit this weird stage where people aggravate me more than usual, my recipes start to fail, and I don’t really want to do anything. I even get annoyed while driving. And I usually don’t get annoyed because I just think people are dumb so I ignore them and drive the speed limit. But my aggravation is getting the best of me. I get frustrated constantly reading mean comments on social media and I kind of go into attack mode. I’m not one to attack people, I just usually kill them with kindness (you know, the passive aggressive way) but when people become rude over social media, I pretty much want to claw their eyes out. There, I said it.
BUT, I won’t do that. I’ll get over my funk at some point. Maybe it’s because I have to give the government half my hard earned savings. That’s always a ball buster. If I had balls. Damn taxes. Or maybe it’s because it’s not summer yet. Summer makes everything better. Either way, I still have to pay the government and I still love living in Colorado where it sometimes snows in May, so I just need to pull my wedgie out of my butt and go get an ice cream cone. People with ice cream cones always look like they really enjoy life. Yep, I need an ice cream cone.
Ok, so I’m done with negativity. DONE WITH IT. You know why?? Because I have a new cookbook coming out soon and George and I just decided on a different cookbook cover so I’m officially excited. With the book cover being done, there are only a few more feedback steps we have to do before the book goes into the printer on April 1st. Pretty exciting! That means we will have it in our hands in the next month and people will have their preorders come June 10th. Did you preorder your cookbook yet??
Speaking of the cookbook, did you sign up for our giveaway yet?? It’s to win a trip to San Diego for you and a friend to cook with George and I and play in the warm, sunny city! Come play with us!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground chorizo
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2-3 tablespoons Sir Kensington's Chipotle Mayo or homemade chipotle mayo
- chopped green onions, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place all ingredients, except for the bacon, mayo and green onions, in a large bowl and mix well with your hands until combined.
- Put all the mixture into a 9x5 baking dish. Cut the bacon strips in half so they fit across the baking dish perfectly. Layer the bacon down the baking dish, overlapping the bacon slightly and covering all the meat mixture. Tuck the sides of the bacon in so they don't turn up while they bake.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Then turn on broiler and cook for less than 5 minutes, just to brown the bacon a little more. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Garnish with chipotle mayo and green onions.
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Beef / Pork / Veggies