I love pinterest. Like a lot. I recently figured out what to do with it. And now I’m addicted.
Ok, if you don’t know what it is yet, I’ll explain. So you know when you come across a website you really like? It may have a recipe on it, or a cute outfit, or a video that made you piss yourself. Well most of the time you might have bookmarked the page or saved the URL for future reference. Well who likes looking through all those bookmarks? Well pinterest lets you bookmark the page and remember that page with a picture. And then you can see what your friends are pinning and repin something you like of theirs. To sum things up, it’s helping me figure out how to dress myself, how to not wear a headband every second of the day, and helping me find new paleo blogs out there.
It’s interesting to look at everyone’s boards. It kind of tells more about their personalities. My boards include food, food, and outfits. Shocker. Well the outfits one is, at least. I don’t think anyone is surprised with what I’m looking at though. I update my PaleOMG facebook page statuses every hour anyways so people usually know exactly where I’m at and exactly what I’m eating. Who wouldn’t want to know that kind of sh*t?! Anyways, what I have noticed is that girls my age really like pinning wedding related sh*t. Especially the single ones. Ugh. They pin wedding dresses, wedding rings, wedding cakes, etc., etc., etc., and they pin on their boards named “Someday” or “Wedding Love.” Ew. I’m not the best person to support that kind of stuff, probably because I lack feelings, but I definitely do know that I would much rather look at how to bake a squash then look at a white dress that is going to make my shoulders look even more lineman-ish than they already do. Gag me. I just want to get married on a beach. In a sports bra. And white lululemon spandex. Is that too much to ask?
If you’re not on pinterest, you should seriously think twice about it. Think twice meaning think against it. It’s so stupid addicting. I keep refreshing my page as I write this blog. I like being obsessed with random stuff though. Like headbands. And the guy from Avatar. Wow he’s pretty.
Now about food. Who doesn’t like alfredo? Idiots, that’s who. If you don’t like a cream sauce over noodles that eat away at your intestinal lining and leak poop into your bloodstream, you’re weird. No but seriously, alfredo tastes like heaven and this is as close as you can get to heaven. Well, next to being my boyfriend, that’s true heaven. That was obviously a complete lie.Print
Bacon Delicata Cream Sauce Chicken Pasta aka Paleo Bacon Alfredo
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 larger delicata squash
- 1/2lb chicken tenders
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your 425 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash delicata squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and excess threads. Don’t be dainty.
- Place open side down on a baking sheet (use aluminum foil for easy clean up) and cook for 20-25 minutes. You will know when they are done cooking when you can poke the outside skin and it ‘gives’ a bit.
- Now you can either cook your chicken at the same time or after the squash is done cooking. Whatever you’d like. Just place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet, sprinkle some olive oil over the chicken (or other kind of fat), salt and pepper it, and sprinkle just a bit of basil on top. Easy peasy. I cooked my tenders for around 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Keep that sh*t moist bro.
- Once your squash is done cooking, pull it out of the oven, dethread the spaghetti squash into a large bowl with a fork. Go against the grain, if spaghetti squash had grain. Now throw your diced bacon into a skillet and cook until done. Use a slotted spoon to pull out your cooked bacon, but leave behind the grease. I used all of my grease, you Take your delicata squash and hollow it out. Unless you want to eat the skin, be my guest. If you’re smart tho, you’ll just use the insides and dump them into your warm skillet filled with bacon grease. Then add your coconut milk. You may need to add a little bit more coconut milk depending on how runny you like your sauce. Mix thoroughly with a ladle to break up the squash a bit. I used a pink ladle. It works the best.
- Add seasonings to the mix and salt and pepper as needed. Mix thoroughly and cook on low for about 5 minutes to simmer.
- Now dice up your cooked chicken.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and add your chicken to the mix.
- Mix well.
- Top with bacon. Duh.
- Eat it like you mean it.
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!