Yay! Another sneak peek recipe from The Paleo Kitchen! This will be the fourth recipe I’ve shared from my upcoming cookbook that releases June 10th! I like sharing these recipes. It takes me back to when I created this cookbook with George. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It really was. We would have our great days where we would bust out 5 great recipes, then we would have our bad days where our recipes would fail and we would hate each other. I’m not exactly known for my patience with other people. So it was quite the experience. But it’s fun looking back at the recipes and remembering the time and energy that went into every single one, with the recipe development to photography set up. Brings a tear to my eye. Just kidding. I only cry when I’m on my monthly gift and there is no chocolate around. That’s a real tear jerker.
I get my hair done on Friday! Thank gosh. These blonde roots of mine are coming in strong and they are making me look like I’m balding. I tried going lighter with my hair color, since I’m a natural blonde, but it seriously didn’t look normal. It was much easier to take care of because I didn’t have to get it done as often, but I looked weird. Brown hair just works better for me. I’m no Khaleesi from Game of Thrones. She’s albino blonde on the show and brown hair in real life. She’s pretty much stunning. If I had a girl crush, she would be it. Look her up if you don’t know who I’m talking about. And watch Game of Thrones. It reminds me what Hollywood is like today: There are all these famous people with huge entourages of more people that want to be famous that will do anything to make it to the top. Games of Thrones = Hollywood. Just a fact.
Have you noticed how instagram’s explore page is now related to what you’re interested in, instead of just pics of Miley Cyrus and half naked girls. It’s pretty great. Mine is now filled with frenchies, people who love to film themselves working out, and cupcakes. What more could I ask for? I usually skip the people working out, but man do I stare at those cupcakes. Smart move, instagram. Smart move.
So you know how I haven’t been excited for my competition this weekend, I pretty much feel the same about it. Even more so now that I found out the good ole’ bf is having a lake day. I’ve bought two new swimsuits from Victoria Secret for this summer season and I expect to wear them as soon as possible. But noooo, not this weekend. This weekend I will be forced to do multiple workouts in a day and smelling weird instead drinking adult beverages on the lake in my intensely bright bikini while getting a tan. That’s bullsh*t right there. Ok, just kidding. It will be fun. And my team will be mad after they read this blog, so I’m forced to say that. Damnit. Yay CrossFit. (I have a fake smile on right now)
PS- top 10 favorite recipes from the book. For reals. I love it. Don’t forget to preorder the book before it comes out June 10th!!
- 1/2 pound bacon (225 grams)
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds/910 grams), cut into 1/2-inch (12-mm) cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- handful of fresh dill, roughly chopped
- dash of red pepper flakes
- dash of ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay the bacon flat on the sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is slightly crispy. Let cool then roughly chop.
- In a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, toss the sweet potatoes and garlic in coconut oil and roast for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Toss in green onions, dill, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Once sweet potatoes are finished cooking, toss them together with the dressing and bacon.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Party / Pork / Veggies