SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers with Mango Drizzle
So I’m trying to be a girl. It’s hard freaking work. I swear, in college it was easy, I would just throw on a skin tight dress and some heals and feel like a million bucks. Now I have huge shoulders and ever growing legs to sport around. That makes it a bit more challenging. I don’t fit in any of my girly clothes, so I have to find a new way to be cute. Thus, I drove my awkward little ass to Ulta to be guided in the right direction of how to wear make up. A wonderful women helped me out and showed me how to actually wear make up without looking like your mom. BOOM. Kidding. That was my try at humor. That sounds pretty cool, right. Well, yes, minus the $119 bill I received at check out. Ugh, being a girl is stupid. I need a sponsor to be able to even purchase my food for blogging if I’m going to try to be girly all at the same time. Hard work. Bullsh*t.
This meal was easy as hell. Since the Lodo family and I were cooking at 9:30 at night, post wod, all while Georgia and I baked paleo treats for the gym, we needed a recipe that was simple and to the point. Chicken + Bacon cooked on a grill seemed like an easy enough idea. But how do you make that more exciting? Well, spices. Then add a fruit. Then add some honey. That’s how. Spicy, tangy, and sweet. That hits every taste bud on the tongue and invigorates the sh*t out of it. Everyone seemed to be happy with the end result so I thought this ever so simple recipe was worth posting.
Then I found $5.00.Print
Paleo Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers with Mango Drizzle
- Yield: 4-6 1x
For the chicken–
- 2lbs chicken tenders
- 1 lb bacon, nitrate free (check the packaging for added sugar)
- 8–10 tablespoons garlic powder (that’s a guess, I just used a butt load)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
For the Mango Drizzle:
- 2 ripe mangos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat up your grill!
- Grab out your skewers. If you are using wood ones, soak them in water before you grill so they don’t burn.
- First you will pierce an end of a piece of bacon through a skewer to help the bacon wrapping part an easier process.
- Now cut your chicken tenders in half and push them lengthwise onto your skewers. I fit about 1 chicken tender (2 halves) on one skewer.
- Next, wrap your bacon around the chicken then pierce the other end of the bacon through the skewer.
- When all your skewers are wrapped up nice and happy in a bacon blanket, pull out either a long cookie sheet or baking pan to pour your spices in.
- Pour your spices out on the baking sheet, mix them together, then roll your skewers in the spices until the chicken and bacon are covered in them
- Place skewers on your grill to cook, turning them over after about 5-6 minutes.
- While the skewers cook, pull out a food processor or blender. Add all the ingredients for the mango drizzle and process it. Taste before you serve to make sure it’s the flavor you like.
- Once the skewers are done, serve along side your mango glaze. We dipped. Like chicken nugget style.
- We also served our skewers next to some grilled zucchini and squash. Good idea. Good.
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!