Yeah, you could call this a ‘I pulled this out of my ass’ kind of recipe. Because it is. I had bacon. I had ground beef. And I had plantains. So why wouldn’t I put them in dish together and call them a casserole? That’s something that is so great about paleo. Pretty much everything tastes good together. So if you have no idea what to make one night, just pull everything out of your fridge, cook it in a pan together, and call it a casserole. Or stir fry. Either will work. And people will think you know what you’re doing. Fake it ’til ya make it.
I want a quesadilla. Like those ones from Qdoba that are super bad for you. And you can dip them in queso to make them even worse for you. That’s what I want. I’m sorry. I won’t eat it, but I’ll sure as hell dream about it right now as I type.
Ok, I’m over it.
I’m totally not.
So I’ve been a bit on edge lately. I don’t know what it is, but I think it has to do with traveling a bunch and not getting as much sleep. As I age (just a reminder, I’m only 25) I’m starting to feel the effects of not sleeping as much. When I was 22 or 23, no problem whatsoever. I slept around 3-4 hours a night, work 9+ hour days, and worked out 2-3 times within that day, and did it all over the next day. Now, if I have a crappy night of sleep, I’m dead to the world. Well, I usually have a great morning then a great afternoon workout, but once 4pm hits, I’m done. I don’t want to talk people, I don’t want look at a computer, but I do want to eat sweets. I got the sweets-emotional situation going on right now. Damn it to hell sweets. Why do you have to be so sweet and scrumptious? Pretty sure the only thing that will solve this situation is not eating sweets. Or sleeping. But neither of those things are going to happen anytime soon, so I must cope. With more sweets.
So I got caught in the act the other day. Believe me, it’s not what you’re thinking, damnit. I was sitting in my car, minding my own business, and what song low and behold came on? This Drake song. And if you haven’t seen Starbucks Drake Hands, you’re missing out. Anywho, when I was in Pittsburgh, it was an ongoing joke that George, Hayley, Bill and I had. Mostly because that song is on EVERY TIME you get into your car. So we made multiple videos, like any blogger would do. You can see some of the videos here. So once I got back to Colorado and the car instantly began to play in my car outside of my house, I had to make a video for a group text message. Obviously. So I did my best impression of Drake hands, noticed that I wasn’t even pressing record, did it again and then found myself feeling some eyes on the back of my head. It was my roommate, pulling up in her car, staring directly at me with a disgusted look. And it’s all on video. She said I was the creepiest person she’s ever seen, which says a lot based on the men she’s dated in her day. I think this may be one of those ‘you have to be there’ types of stories. My b, my b.
I can’t stop picking my nail polish off. How do women do this?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon until slightly crispy. Set aside.
- Drain excess bacon fat, leaving behind about 1-2 tablespoons.
- Cut off the ends of the plantains and remove the peel. Thinly slice the plantain lengthwise into 3 slices. Repeat with other 2 plantains.
- Add plantain slices to bacon fat pan and cook about both sides for about 2-3 minutes until they are slightly browned. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add minced garlic clove, ground beef, onion and salt and pepper. Cook until meat has broken down and completely cooked through.
- Now for the stacking of the casserole, you can do this any way you'd like.
- Place 3 plantain slices on the bottom, then 2 slices of bacon on top, then a couple spoonfuls of the ground beef mixture. Repeat two more times on top of the ground beef mixture.
- Put in oven and cook for 12-15 minutes. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop out and serve.
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Beef / Pork / Veggies