I love pork. No seriously, like I REALLY love pork. It’s my favorite kind of meat. If I could eat only one kind of meat all day, every day, it’d be pork. And these pork chops I got from US Wellness Meats are ridiculous. They are so stupid good. It took a lot of self control to not eat the entire package I had bought. If you haven’t checked out their meats yet, do it. DO IT NOW.
So I tend to talk about myself a lot on this blog. But I actually really do like other people and other things!! So I wanted to share some of my favorite things out there, like some of my friends companies, blogs, and just some of the best websites out there! Sharings caring. Fact.
I have friends who have a lot of talent!!
- Check out my friend Tommy’s clothing line: Buckley Omega. Tommy is one of those people who has a lot of tattoos and is super good looking, but he still acts like I’m cool enough to hang out with him. Thanks Tommy. I appreciate your friendship. Check out his line of women’s AND men’s clothing!!
- My close friends own Renegade Fitness. They are the guys who make my shirts and headbands! So rad. Awesome people with awesome goals. Check them out!
CrossFitters are the best bloggers:
- So I met a girl named Michaela over the weekend at Regionals and I literally fell in love. Probably because she has the best legs on the entire planet, BUT I also found out she runs a blog called Hungry Fitness. She told me she updates her instagram more because she can show what she’s eating regularly and I LOVE her for that. I’m pretty much a pro now on instagram with 21 photos, so I’m catching up to her few hundreds rather quickly. Follow her on instagram @hungryfitness!
- I love this girl. Hands down, one of my favorite CrossFitters out there. Jaelyn is a phenomenal CrossFitter who talks about her experiences and beliefs on her website Where Wild Things Play. I get to train with her soon. NO BIG DEAL.
Who else looks for paleo blog daily? I do!! I like reading other people blogs. People come up with the coolest sh*t.
- So I’m sure all of your have read the Civilized Caveman by now or made one of his amazing recipes, BUT have you seen his $4,000 giveaway?! Say wha?! $4,000? I don’t even think I own $4,000 worth of things. Imagine if you won that giveaway! You’d be a millionaire. Fact.
- Health Habits
- 3.2.1 Paleo
- Elana’s Pantry
- Balanced Bites
- Inherent Appetite
- Paleo Pot
- Mark’s Daily Apple
And sometimes I’d rather just look at food porn than do anything else.
- What Katie Ate
- How Sweet It Is
- Food Porn Daily – thank you to the reader who introduced me to this wonderful food orgasm of a website
- Joy the Baker
- Edible Perspective – pretty epic. I love her.
That’s a lot of websites for you to check out. Looks like you’re not getting any work done today. My b.
- Turn your grill on!! If you don't know how to light it, I can't help you.
- Place pork chops on a plate and cover your pork chops in some cinnamon, thyme, salt and pepper on both side and press into the pork chop.
- While your grill heats up, place a small saucepan over medium heat on your stove top and add your blackberries, balsamic vinegar, water, and a pinch of salt.
- Let the sauce begin to mix together, stirring frequently to make sure it doesn't burn on the bottom.
- Turn heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Then pour half of the sauce into a bowl (you can leave the blackberries in the saucepan because you'll just use them to top your chops off later).
- Use a glazing brush to glaze one side of your pork chop then place that glazed side down onto your grill.
- Then glaze the other side, cover grill and let cook for 5-7 minutes per side. I glazed each side of my pork chop probably 3-4 times to make sure as much blackberry sauce as possible could be soaked up by the chop. Make sure your chop is cooked on both sides and cook completely through before removing from grill. (took me about 12-14 minutes total).
- Once your pork chops are all done cooking, add to plate and top with your leftover blackberry sauce that has been simmering and thickening up.
- Then eat until your cry. So delicious.
Fruit / Pork