I’m a straight up cheater. Like straight out of the look-over-you-shoulder-in-high-school-algebra-test kind of cheater. I didn’t think of this recipe on my own. Nope. I legit stole it from someone else. Well, the idea of it, at least. But this woman from How Sweet It Is is a straight up genius. I’m in love with her. Not only is her blog hilarious and fun to read, but her pictures are OFF THE CHAIN! No, she doesn’t make paleo food. Yes, she makes food that makes you not want to ever eat paleo again. Yes, I want to be her when I grow up. She’s a genius. And a person who likes food as much as I do…those are some smart people right therrrr. Aka, she’s Albert Einstein. That was so unoriginal. Fail Juli, fail.
I need to talk about something serious. ‘The Bachelor.’ Sh*t is getting intense on that show. Actually, I wouldn’t really know. I only saw the first episode. I lose interest fairly quickly with tv shows (other then TripleD, Chopped, and Cupcake Wars) so I kinda forgot it was on, but I was lucky enough to see other shows making fun of the women on it. Thank god for crazy women. Seriously. I have no hopes of meeting a decent man for at least 10 more years, if not more, but if there are b*tches like that roaming about the earth, searching in desperation for a man, I’m much more confident with what I have to offer. I don’t drink and make the conscious decision to cry in the corner until a dude notices me. I don’t fight with other b*tches over a dude. And I definitely don’t go on a show in attempts to meet the man of my dreams, knowing full well I won’t be able to CrossFit every day. F*cking idiots, these women are. I mean, yes, it makes for good tv, but men must be thinking that every woman is bat sh*t crazy. Like for real. I’m sorry bros of the world. Some of us women out there just like food and CrossFit. The simple kind.
I hate people who think it’s ok to look over your shoulder to see what you’re doing on your computer while at a coffee shop. Like a guy is doing to me this very second. Obviously, I’m not looking at dirty pics. Obviously, I’m not surfing match.com to meet my next mate. I’m blogging. I’m blogging about you, you dumbass. Ugh, so rude.
I wish I had an ice cream maker. All I want out of life is to make coconut milk ice cream. It’s the simple things. Simple kind.
For the fishy fish
- 2 tilapia filets
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the salsa
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and cut in halves
- 2 clementines, peeled and cut in halves
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- pinch of salt
- Add your pecans and coconut to a food processor. Pulse until they turn into almost bread crumbs. Not until its a pecan butter. Duh.
- Then add your seasonings along with a bit of salt and pepper and pulse a few more times to incorporate.
- Whisk your egg in a separate large, flat bottomed bowl.
- Now put your pecan bread crumbs on a plate or any wide dish that will be convenient enough to put your filets in.
- Now heat up a large skillet with a bit of coconut oil.
- Dip your tilapia in the egg whites then transfer over to your pecan bread crumbs and coat on both sides. Repeat with other filets.
- Add pecan breaded tilapia directly to your hot pan.
- Cook on both sides for 5-6 minutes, being sure not to burn the crust. Pecans and coconut can burn easily so keep a close eye on it.
- Now chop up all your ingredients for you salsa, add to a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Use your hands. Get dirty. Do it.
- Once fish is done cooking, top it off with your blood orange salsa.
- Eat it on up.
Fish/Seafood / Fruit