Don’t be frightened by this picture. I swear it actually tastes better than it looks. But I had to take this picture at 5am (you know the lighting is fabulous at that time) before I left for work, while I was packing it away in my cute little Tupperware. Based on the picture, I guess I also have giant hands. Cute, real cute. I’ll think of it as a positive trait though, it’s just a bigger surface area for me to grab snacks with. Ok, I’m done freaking out about my man hands.
Anywho. I found this recipe idea in a CookingLight magazine. Jesus, I love that magazine. Trashy celebrity magazines come a close second, but CookingLight really gets me going. The pictures make food seem so much more exciting than it actually is sometimes. So I decided to recreate this little masterpiece and it was DELICIOUS. And if you don’t like curry, I DON’T LIKE YOU!! Ok, that was a bit over the top. But seriously, get your head on straight. Curry ranks up there along chocolate and nut butters…aka, high!
- 1.5-2 lbs chicken, throw in a mixture of boneless, skinless thighs AND breasts*
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 4-6 tablespoons curry powder (hell, throw in the whole jar!! kidding)
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1 cubes (i used yellow and red)
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Grab out your crock pot!! Wooooo crock pot time!
- Add in the coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Add in peppers and onions.
- Next, add in chicken and pour broth over the chicken.
- Mix all ingredients together to completely cover the chicken in the curry mixture.
- Cover and cook at low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Then eat it in a cute Tupperware bowl. Or plate....be that way.
Grocery List Helper:
- Chicken Breasts: 1lb for $3.65/lb at King Soopers
- Chicken Thighs: 1lb for $2.99/lb at King Soopers
- Onion and Peppers: on sale at Sunflower Market
- Coconut Milk: 365 brand at Whole Foods: $1.19/can
- Chicken Broth: on sale at Sunflower Market at 2/$5.00
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Chicken / Crockpot