People are always asking me for recipe ideas for people who can’t eat eggs. Welp, here ya go. Breakfast meatballs. No eggs. No nuts. Just happiness. And for you people who do love nuts, I paired it next to Steve’s Original PaleoKrunch Cereal. It’s stupid good. Like, seriously.
Getting back to reality can be hard sometimes. Especially when it includes a 4am alarm clock with a 10 degree welcoming temperature outside. I was impressed my little oh-so-wanted civic even started. Well really, I was just impressed it wasn’t stolen in the few days I was gone. Must have been too cold to want to steal cars. She has a rough time getting through the winters, that civic of mine. It makes sounds that definitely aren’t normal and likes to sputter a bit when I start it. She’s funny. Always testing my patience.
Anywho, yesterday was a tough day. Probably because I was hauling around an extra ten pounds or so. So not only did my clothes fit a bit on the uncomfortable side, but I was sluggish AND didn’t get hungry until night. Those are some of the signs that show you ate too much. And too many weird things. My body doesn’t love the French fries and cheese sauce that ended up on my plate a few too many times over the weekend. F*cking cheese fries.
So thankfully, when I was ready to leave the gym in the morning, I had Jason there to talk me into an extra workout. But first visual this. I had woken up at 4am that morning, after getting about 4 or 5 hours of sleep and could barely apply my make up. So I was wearing sweatpants…the ones I wore to bed….and some baggy shirt to hide my weekend shame. Thankfully I put a bra on that morning, I was surprised I actually remembered to. So when Jason asked to workout, I was a bit worried. So I rolled my pants up as high as I could into shorts, tied them extra tight, and sucked it up. It looked like I was wearing a diaper. I don’t even want to know what I looked like while doing handstand push ups. But I got the little three rounder workout done, diaper and all, not as far behind Jason as I thought I would be. I was fueled by carbs. Meaning cheese fries.
The rest of my Monday was spent not eating, because I still wasn’t hungry. Making food that I didn’t eat. I literally didn’t eat until 7pm. That’s SO not me. Kinda creepy what sh*tty food does to us. And then I worked out more. I ran to the gym. Gross. I had to shoot so many snot rockets because it was so damn cold. No wonder I’m single. Whatever. I’m finally getting better at running, snot rockets and all. Then I did the workout. With front squats. Ew. But the best part was I didn’t have to run home in the quickly dropping temperature. Because Ryan, a wonderful guy from the gym, took me home. You know why he’s wonderful? Because he reads my blog, so I KNOW he’s cool. I trust people who read my blog. Well, most.
Are you wondering what I finally ate at 7pm? Of course you are. I ate these fantastic little meatballs. All meat should be in ball form.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your bacon slices in a pan over medium heat. Cook on both sides until crispy, place on a paper towel to soak up the excess fat and cool, then dice up into small pieces that would fit well in meatballs. Duh.
- Place your sweet potato in a food processor with the shredding attachment. Shred your sweet potato, remove contents, then shred it once more. You want it pretty fine.
- Then shred your onion and mushrooms in the same container with the sweet potato that was shredded twice.
- Add your sweet potato, mushrooms, and yellow onion to a bowl along with your breakfast sausage, maple syrup, garlic clove, diced bacon, and salt and pepper and mix well. Your hands are your best tools.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet then start making your meatballs.
- What is helpful is using anice cream scoopso they are all the same size. Roll the scooped out balls in your hands and place on a baking sheet. Repeat until all your ingredients are gone.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until meatballs are golden brown and completely cooked through. Be sure to check one before you turn the oven off!
- Pair your breakfast meatballs with Steve's PaleoKrunch Cereal and some almond milk!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Breakfast / Pork / Veggies