This weather is exactly why I refuse to wash my car in the winter. I keep getting sh*t from multiple people about how I need to wash my car. But here’s the thing, why in the hell would I spend money on someone putting water on my car when it falls from the sky every other week? Sure, there are salts on the road that can rust it, but I have personally never had that issue. Ever. So when all these people are telling me to waste my money on water, I’m letting mother earth clean it instead. Like a little happy hippie. Take that, you dumb dumbs.
Remember how I told you that my car smelled really freaking bad? The smell has completely gone away. And I didn’t clean anything out or throw anything away. It just went away. My theory is that the garage smelled and the smell was just leaking into my car. But that’s just a theory. Obviously a spot on theory, if you ask me.
Speaking of garages, I can’t wait to have my own! I have been bombarded with requests from the lender during this house-closing process and have screamed into a pillow multiple times, but it’s so close I can almost taste it. And it tastes like new kitchen cabinetry and toilets that have never been sat on. It tastes good. Ew. Next week, I leave for Pittsburgh to finish up the last of the photography for my third cookbook, Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook and as soon as I get back, I will hand over our life savings and hope for the best. Buying a house is so scary and frustrating and stressful, but I could not be happier or more excited about it. And I especially can’t wait to share pictures with you as we save money back up to decorate the place. Just like Fashion Fridays and Weekly Workouts, I plan on sharing some house decor and maybe even some DIY projects as I get each room set up! As of right now, I’m super excited to fix up the dining room and a vanity area in the bedroom. Ooo it’s going to be so fun. So girly. And did I mention fun? Just you wait! But don’t freak out if you hate everything other than food, there will still be plenty of weekly recipes shared on the blog. Don’t go getting your panties in a twist.
I did something for the first time in 4 years yesterday: I went to the dentist. I know I know, get your life together Juli. I don’t know why I hadn’t gone in so long, I honestly just kind of forgot about it. But I’m getting older and even though I’m a good flosser, I could just tell that I needed a deep cleaning. I am SO glad I went. Other people probably wouldn’t notice, but I see a huge difference in my teeth. And I take care of my body in so many other ways, why wouldn’t I take care of my mouth? So this is your friendly reminder to go to the dentist, because even though it kind of sucks having someone digging in your face with plastic gloves on, not having teeth later on in life sucks more.
- 1 batch of Char Siu, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets and riced*
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- First, make Char Siu then cut into pieces.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of ghee and eggs, sprinkle with salt, and scramble eggs until soft and fluffy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of ghee along with onion, pepper, and carrot and sauté until veggies become soft, about 8 minutes. Then add riced cauliflower along with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until cauliflower begins to soften.
- Lastly, add coconut aminos, green onions, and Char Siu pieces to the pan, mix with vegetables and cook for about 3-5 more minutes then serve immediately!
other additional add-ins: peas, water chestnuts, mushrooms, broccoli
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Pork / Veggies