We were doing so good. Jackson has been doing his business outside like a champ. But this morning, he decided that standing next to the door was good enough. I’m pretty sure he’s been holding that amount of pee in for at least a week. He’s about 13 pounds and now he’s probably 6 pounds. That guy.
I’m real excited. My favorite blogger, How Sweet It Is, finally has her first cookbook for preorder. Let me preface something: she is not a paleo blogger. Not even close. But she has incredibly creative recipes and the best photography ever. And she’s funny. Funny women are the best. I’m absolutely preordering her book just so I can stare at the pictures.
I’ve thought something was a bit funny at instagram lately. So whenever I post a picture using Against The Grain Gourmet rolls, people get all upset because they have cheese in them. And if my instagram name is paleomg, I should post only strict paleo foods. BUT when I post any sort of dessert like chocolate or my cupcakes or anything sweets related, NO ONE ever complains. I think it’s the strangest thing.
Just to spite those people, I put goat cheese on this recipe. What an a**hole I am.
PS I’m typing this blog post with one hand because Jackson refuses to calm the sh*t down. So I’m shoving his bone in his mouth to try to keep him calm. It ain’t workin’.
Have you seen my newsletter yet?? I recently decided to try something new and stop sending out my daily recipe emails and just send out a weekly newsletter recapping everything that was on the blog. And then, I’ll also be able to send you book tour dates! I haven’t found out set dates for the tour yet, but I should know in the next week! So sign up and then I can meet you guys at book signings!!
On a complete different subject, I’m dreaming about a vacation. I have some weddings this summer and I’ll probably spend a lot of time on the lake, but I need a beach vacation come fall. I’ve been quite intrigued with the thought of going to the Florida Keys and Key West. I’ve heard that it’s pretty expensive, but it looks like one of the most gorgeous places. Has anyone been there? I want to know more about it, but from people instead of just the internet. Tell me things. Did you love it? What was your favorite place to stay? What did you do there? Are you a million?
- coconut oil, for greasing baking dish
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (14 ounce) can El Pato enchilada sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can of diced green chiles
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced (or any color you like)
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- cilantro, to garnish
- goat cheese, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and salt and pepper. (feel free to be generous with the salt) and mix well.
- Then add eggs and mix well to incorporate.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check at 1 hour to see if eggs have completely cooked through and cook extra 15 minutes, if needed.
- Let rest for 5 minutes then garnish with goat cheese (optional) and cilantro.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Chicken / Veggies