Clean Eating Made Easy with Better Product Choices & Substitutions
This year on the blog I want to give you as many tools as possible to continue to make better choices in your own life. I want to show you that you can have a healthy relationship with food, a long term relationship with exercise, and that getting in shape doesn’t have to be expensive. So today I wanted to talk about ways to improve your health long term with just a few simple changes. I think whenever people think about paleo, they think of some drastic change that is close to impossible. At least that’s how I felt when I first thought about implementing paleo into my own life. But like any other habit, a few small changes can make a big impact with time.
Today I want to show you some of my favorite products that I purchase regularly from Thrive Market that help me make better choices with my diet, day in and day out. By making some of these small changes, you’ll be instantly making a difference in your own health, especially long term. That means a happier life with less health issues, doctor visits, and most of all, less health-related bills. And the best part about Thrive Market is that you can find all of these products for up to 30% below traditional retail prices. One thing that throws people off when it comes to healthier food choices is often the price. But Thrive Market removes that issue all together. Everything you’ll see me talking about today is going to have a price tag lower than MSRP. That means money stays in your pocket so you can use it towards better things! Like living a hella fun life, every single day.
So let’s get in to it! And let’s kick it off with condiments, because condiments can easily become a downfall when trying to make better choices with what you eat.
- If you like dipping your sweet potato fries in ketchup or dunking your cauliflower pizza in ranch, well that doesn’t have to change! Primal Kitchen has tons of amazing products including Ranch, Ketchup, a ton of other dressing, AND they also have avocado oil spray with no other added ingredients or fillers. If you take a look at most normal ranch brands out there, you’ll find ingredients like modified food starch, monosodium glutamate, artificial flavors, disodium phosphate, sorbic acid and calcium disodium. How sketchy is that? Primal Kitchen uses all organic ingredients. And you can actually pronounce everything on the label. And at Thrive Market, you can get the ketchup for 17% off MSRP, the ranch for 25% off, and the avocado oil spray for 28% off!! How amazing is that?!
- I also always purchase Rao’s Arrabbiata Sauce and Thrive Market Coconut Aminos. If you start looking at ingredients on the products you’re purchasing, you’ll quickly find that there is added sugar is EVERYTHING, especially marinara. But not in Rao’s. And it’s the best sauce you will EVER taste. And for when I’m cooking anything that requires Asian ingredients, I always turn to coconut aminos instead of soy sauce since soy is so incredibly processed. And Thrive Market label provides the most affordable coconut aminos on the market!
Now I have all kinds of pantry staples for you to stock up on!
- I ALWAYS keep bone broth in my freezer as well as my pantry. And the Thrive Market Bone Broth is great for keeping in your pantry at all times. It’s made with all clean, organic ingredients and you can get it for up to 42% off!
- Spices and spice blends are so important for full, flavorful meals every day to keep you interested in your healthy food. But many spice blends include fillers such as cornstarch or they add sugar to it. And they usually are never organic. But Primal Palate Spices uses all organic ingredients to create the most delicious spice blends EVER. Their Steak Seasonings blend is a must in any kitchen!
- And I’m about to throw you a curve ball with a non-paleo item. But since so many people love pasta and have a hard time giving it up, I wanted to share my favorite pasta brand that includes veggies in it. Cybele’s Free to Eat Superfood Green Rotini Pasta includes only green lentil, kale, spinach, and broccoli, and it’s damn good! It’s such a better option than most pastas on the market, plus it’s 20% off MSRP!
And if you’re anything like me, meaning you love to bake and snack, well Thrive Market has all the options for you. And they make it super simple to search! You can easily search ‘Paleo’ in the search tab then choose your category whether it’s baking, chocolate, snacks, candy, and more. They make finding your exact brand super easy and finding a brand new company you’ve never seen before, easier than ever!
- If you like a crunchy snack and find yourself turning to chips on a regular basis, especially chips like ranch Doritos, well start looking at their label and thinking twice. They use ingredients like canola oil, multiple kinds of sugar, and other sketchy ingredients like sodium caseinate, disodium inosinate, and disodium guanylate. Do you know what those ingredients are? I don’t. But I do know that Siete Chips ranch tortilla chips only uses ingredients that I can pronounce and that I use in my own recipes on a regular basis. And you can get all of their different kinds of chips for 20% off!
- Now if you’re a granola lover and have it for breakfast every single day, it may be time to switch it up to a brand that won’t irritate the gut as much as popular brands on the market can. Many of those brands include soy lecithin, excess sugar, and different flours and oils. But Paleonola has a ton of different flavors to choose from and includes absolutely no extra sugar in their Chocolate Fix flavor! Just clean, wholesome ingredients!
- Now when it comes to baking, paleo has really made it’s stamp in the flour and sugar world. Instead of only having white and brown sugar to choose from, and white and wheat flour to take home, there are now a ton of unprocessed sugars and clean ingredient flours to use! I personally love Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour and Coomb’s Organic Maple Sugar, and both are over 20% off MSRP. Both of these substitutions are so much better on the gut and better for blood sugar!
And let’s end this with some of my favorite snacks and treats. Because let’s face it – if you’re going to stick with any sort of diet or lifestyle change, it has to feel like you’re not missing out. And when I first started paleo, I was desperately scared of giving up treats. While I do believe treats have their place and shouldn’t be consumed daily, I do think making better choices with those treats is super important.
- If you’ve been looking for some snacks to throw in your purse or car for after a workout or in between running errands, two of my favorite brands I always keep on hand include Primal Kitchen Peanut Butter Protein Bars and Wild Zora Meat & Veggies Bars. The protein bars only have a handful of ingredients and the protein comes from egg whites. And the meat and veggie bars are so much better than the normal jerky on the market. Each bar contains grass-fed meat, multiple types of veggies and is sweetened by natural dried fruit! And you can find both for 20-25% off MSRP.
- If you’re a chocolate lover, Thrive Market has so many different items to choose from. Whether you like a solid a 100% cacao bar or you just want some chocolate chip cookies, they got yo’ back. I personally love having Alter Eco Coconut Clusters on hand for a sweet and salty crunchy snack. I also love having Eating Evolved Coconut Butter Cups for whenever I have a sweet craving and need a little extra fat to keep me full and satisfied, instead of just reaching for more. And last but definitely not least, Simple Mills Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies. I don’t know how they make the most delicious cookies with such clean ingredients, but they do. Go look at the ingredients list in most cookies on the market and prepare yourself to be appalled. But not with Simple Mills. Stop feeding yourself or your children cookies that have ingredients you’ve never even heard of! And when you can get all these treats for up to 25% off MSRP, you really have no excuses!!
All these brands through Thrive Market make eating clean easier than ever. And that’s why I love Thrive Market. Their whole mission is to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. Whether you’re trying to eat keto or vegan or gluten-free or you just want to find items that are fair-trade certified, Thrive Market makes it so incredibly quick and easy. Plus now they even offer the highest quality meat and seafood! Now you barely have to even go to the grocery store. Everything is quickly delivered to you in packaging that is completely recyclable, which means 100% zero waste!
Eating healthy and feeling your best all comes from small choices that become bigger with time. Making small choices like changing the ketchup in your house to learning to use a new baking flour will make a huge difference later on. It’s time to be more aware of what you are putting into your body and understanding the differences between different products on the market. And Thrive Market will help you make that happen. If you haven’t tried out Thrive Market yet, not only will you get up to 30% off your Thrive Market’s prices, but today you can get an EXTRA 25% off your first order + free 30 day trial! That’s savings on top of savings! And you know what the best part is? I’ve put all my favorite products together in a PaleOMG Kit! So instead of writing all of these down or having to go back and fourth between tabs, it’s all in one kit! All you have to do is sign up for your free 30 day trial to check it out! And if you’re already a Thrive Market member, all you have to do is click ‘claim offer’ to check it out!
I hope this post gets you excited to continue on your own health journey. Just because it’s February doesn’t mean your clean eating habits should change. Keep with it, continue making small changes in your life, and you’ll quickly see how much better you can feel. We should be forever grateful for the bodies we were given and we should take care of them, one better choice at a time.
This post is brought to you by Thrive Market. It contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated for this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!