That title is ridiculous. You heard me, RIDICULOUS. It’s too long. It should be cut shorter. But I don’t care. This meal has a sh*t ton of flavors in it and you should know about ALL of them from the start.
Ok, enough with the boring nonsense, let’s get to the important stuff…my thoughts on pork. I LOVE pork. It’s kind of weird how much I like it. Pork is sometimes hated on by the Paleo community because it’s a fattier meat and bacteria is often held in that fat. Bad bacteria. But I don’t care. I live my life missing out on crazy disgustingly delicious foods to better serve my body. I’m sure as hell not going to cut out pork because it’s fatty. That’s just stupid. Suck it easy pork haters.
Back to the even more important stuff….my love for sweet potatoes. Ok ok ok. Pork and sweet potatoes together. Epic. Coffee and cocoa together, even more legit. All of these flavors melded together topped with a sweet blueberry sauce, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! This meal was one of the happiest moments in my life lately. Ok, thank god that’s a lie. But it really did make my mornings, afternoons, and evenings extremely exciting. In the mornings, I would get done teaching my class and almost sprint to my car, knowing my little porky porkster was sitting, waiting to smile back at me. Then I would put my head phones in, turn on David Guetta radio and rock out with my pork. That sounded weird. You uncomfortable? Fight through it. The recipe is almost here…
For the pork--
- 2-2.5 lb pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons coffee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut crystals (optional)
For the Sweet Potatoes--
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes, chopped and boiled until tender
- 1 6oz can coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Blueberry Sauce--
- Let's get to this pork. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Now throw all your spices into a shallow bowl or tray. Mix them all together. Now cover your pork in a bit of coconut oil, then submerge your pork into the spices. And when I say submerge, I mean spice that crap out of it. All around it. On the ends. Coat it until it won't hold anymore spice on it.
- Put your roast into a baking dish and throw in the oven, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes. Your pork should cook for 20-22 minutes/lb or until it reaches an internal temperature of around 160-170 degrees.
- While your pork cooks, start boiling your sweet potatoes.
- While the sweet potatoes boil, pull out a small saucepan and add your red wine vinegar and blueberries to it, over low heat. Once the blueberries begin to cook down, add all the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and let it cook down over low heat.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, add them to your food processor with the coconut milk. Once mixed, add your spices. Taste to see if you are content or would like more cocoa powder for a bit more boldness. You probably will. Why wouldn't you.
- Once the pork is done cooking, let it rest for at least 15 minutes. Slice, serve a top sweet potatoes and top off with some blueberry goodness. Oh sh*t yeah!
Pork / Veggies