Posted by https://paleomg.com/easy-halibut-over-asian-slaw/
© 2018 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Easy Halibut Over Asian Slaw
For the slaw
- 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 bundle of radishes, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
For the “peanut” sauce
For the halibut
- Thinly slice all the veggies for the slaw and place in a large bowl.
- In a small blender, blend together all the ingredients for the “peanut” sauce. Once smooth, pour over veggies and use tongs to toss until completely covered in sauce. Set aside.
- In medium to large sauté pan over medium heat, add the ingredients for the coconut aminos sauce and whisk to combined. Bring to a low boil and let reduce by almost half until thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- While the coconut amino sauce reduces, place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add ghee. Once hot, top halibut filets with garlic powder and salt. Place flesh side down in pan and cook for about 5 minutes before flipping and cooking 5 more minutes on skin side.
- Once halibut is flaky, remove from heat, place on top of slaw, then top the filet with a spoonful of the coconut amino sauce. And top with a little extra cilantro and sliced almonds!